Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-07-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
amirishere
amirishere began at the beginning.

Device: m96
M96 pen keeps clicking all the time.

Hi!

I have an Onyx M96Universe. The button on the pen seems to be stuck. It clicks even when I hover on the tablet. I contacted the seller (https://onyx-boox.com/) and they asked for a video showing the problem.

I sent them this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FcCiE0vVss

They replied that it should be like this. ::FacePalm::. IMHO The device is under guaranty still, so they should be nice and send me a new pen, even though I would like to buy a bigger pen soon.

I am pretty sure that it's the pen that which is stuck because it fixes itself when I don't use it for a week. But when I use it again, after a few hours it sticks again. Also sometimes when I press the nib it makes a cracking sound. So I feel like there is a hysteresis effect going on inside.

So my questions are the following: Does the video show the problem correctly? Is this really normal? am I imagining things? What should I do? which pen should I buy?

I am hoping that people's comment would confirm my problem and then I would respond to onyx support by directing the person in charge onto this thread.

Also, how do you open this pen? I wish they'd just screw things together instead of gluing everything.

Best,
Amir
amirishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
halox
halox began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M96
That's not normal behavior. The pen should only work when there is contact on the nib. I can only replicate your problem by taping the tip of the pen up and then hovering over the screen. Hopefully they can send you a replacement pen.
halox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
m96 stuck nib