Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-21-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
exposed
exposed began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Can't De-Authorize account

I am on a Mac and I need to authorize the account to my wife's email address instead of mine. I have been told to activate Kobo reader / ADE and click command/shift D at the same time and a de-authorize message appears. I have tried this over and over and I get nothing. Any suggestions?
exposed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
How can I deauthorize a Kobo (or other) device using ADE?
PC instructions:
  • Open ADE on your pc, connect the Kobo to the pc. Then press Ctrl,Shift, E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.
  • Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.
MAC OS X instructions
  • Open ADE on your MAC, connect the Kobo to the it. Then press CMD-SHIFT-E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.
  • Unplug your Kobo from the computer, and plug it in again. Now you should get a box saying that a new device has been detected and you can authorize it.
How can I deauthorize a a computer using ADE?
PC instructions:
  • Open ADE on your pc. Then press Ctrl,Shift, D. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize the computer, select yes. ADE will close.
  • Open ADE again. Go to library view. Click on the drop down "library" menu. Choose "authorize computer"
MAC OS X instructions
  • Open ADE on your MAC Then press CMD,Shift, D. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize the computer, select yes. ADE will close.
  • Open ADE again. Go to library view. Click on the drop down "library" menu. Choose "authorize computer"
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
exposed

de-authorize

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
How can I deauthorize a Kobo (or other) device using ADE?
PC instructions:
  • Open ADE on your pc, connect the Kobo to the pc. Then press Ctrl,Shift, E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.
MAC OS X instructions
  • Open ADE on your MAC, connect the Kobo to the it. Then press CMD-SHIFT-E. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize, select yes.
How can I deauthorize a a computer using ADE?
PC instructions:
  • Open ADE on your pc. Then press Ctrl,Shift, D. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize the computer, select yes. ADE will close.
MAC OS X instructions
  • Open ADE on your MAC Then press CMD,Shift, D. You should get a box asking of you want to deauthorize the computer, select yes. ADE will close.
Hi Peter - thanks for your quick reply. My problem is that's what I've been doing on my Mac. I click command / shift/ D and absolutely nothing happens.
Would you say I have an ADE problem or a Mac problem? I've deleted ADE and relaunched it and nothing helps.
Gary
Old 01-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
exposed

Peter - it worked - What I was doing was opening authorize while I clicked the buttons - that was the problem.
Old 01-22-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Kobo is plugged in when you are trying this and is recognized by ADE as a device?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert