Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-10-2009, 03:54 AM   #1
dschamis
dschamis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Clock problem

The clock on my Kindle2 appears not to be working. I know this because the Home screen appears out of order (I have set it to 'Most Recent First'). When I connect via USB and look at the files, the dates associated with the files I open are all 'January 1, 1980'.

Any idea how to check and set the clock?

P.S. I am in Tokyo right now and haven't been able to connect via wireless since Sunday - could this be causing the problem?
dschamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:14 AM   #2
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Yes. Unfortunately, there is no UI available to set your own time. Normally, you will just turn on wireless and let the device go seeks out what the time is.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-10-2009, 07:37 AM   #3
4youreyes
Enthusiast
4youreyes doesn't litter4youreyes doesn't litter

Device: kindle
I also had a problem with my clock .I have Kindle 1.We changed to daylight savings time.I turned on my whispernet and checked for updates and it did update my time.Good Luck. Wendy
4youreyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
From my experience, if wireless on the Kindle 2 is off for more than a day, the Kindle 2 stops timestamping files, thus resulting in them going to the end of the Most Recent list if you access them rather than the beginning. I have no idea *why* it does this, as the clock still seems to show the correct time. Turning whispernet back on for a while and then off again corrects the problem.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
From my experience, if wireless on the Kindle 2 is off for more than a day, the Kindle 2 stops timestamping files, thus resulting in them going to the end of the Most Recent list if you access them rather than the beginning. I have no idea *why* it does this, as the clock still seems to show the correct time. Turning whispernet back on for a while and then off again corrects the problem.
How do you find the clock on the Kindle 2? I haven't been able to check the time; alt-T doesn't seem to work anymore.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #6
KindleDude
Connoisseur
KindleDude doesn't litterKindleDude doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsittingstill View Post
How do you find the clock on the Kindle 2? I haven't been able to check the time; alt-T doesn't seem to work anymore.
Just press the Menu button, the time is at the top, along with the remaining free space.
KindleDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:03 PM   #7
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
You can also type @time into the search box.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 08:43 PM   #8
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Thanks for the explanation!
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:16 AM   #9
tlc
Zealot
tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!tlc is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: KK 3G, iPad
I've been out of the country for the last 5 weeks. There is no EVDO Whispernet here. I cannot set the time.

Last edited by tlc; 05-02-2009 at 11:29 PM.
tlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:10 AM   #10
oilcitysis
oilcitysis began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
call amazon help

Good morning everyone.
I was having trouble with the time zone on my Kindle 2.
I am in Florida and it was 4 hours off. I called amazons help line and they checked my address. It wasn't registered to the kindle. This corrected the problem right away. So instead of getting frustrated and trying other suggested (forum) fixes just call amazon and ask them to check that the address is registered to your kindle. Have a great week.

Hope this was helpful.
oilcitysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
williemack
williemack began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Setting Kindle 2 Clock

Go to Menu
Go to Settings
Go to Page 2 to Device Time
Go to Set
Set time and save
williemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #12
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Originally Posted by williemack View Post
Go to Menu
Go to Settings
Go to Page 2 to Device Time
Go to Set
Set time and save
That's how you set the Kindle 3 clock, but it doesn't work for the Kindle 2. There is no way without hacks to manually set the time on a K2.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote