Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 02-19-2009, 11:08 AM   #1
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: eBookwise 1150 and Kindle 1
Anyone else having problems uploading personal content?

Yesterday afternoon I went thru the process at eBookwise to upload personal content. I went thru Step 1, fine; Step 2 fine; then Step 3 where it says "your document will be available in a few minutes", and below that it said "There are 15 documents ahead in the queue."

Four hours later I went back to the "Content Summary" and it still shows them as "loading".

This morning I went in thinking surely whatever was going on would have been fixed by now - and it's still loading!!!

I sent a message to their "customer service" last night but haven't gotten any reply. So just wanted to ask:

1. anyone else having (or had in the past) the same issue?

and

2. is there any way to "cancel" the upload? There doesn't seem to be any option for that but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks!
stoogeswoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I only used the personal content thing once or twice, just long enough to know it wasn't worth the trouble.

Save things to the eBookwise Librarian, which converts things that are convertible into IMP for you.

Did you try turning off your computer and restarting to see if the "loading" message goes away?
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
stoogeswoman
Zealot
stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stoogeswoman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Yes, and also checked from my home computer. Didn't make any difference.

I tried the eBookwise Librarian but one of my documents has b&w photos, which it doesn't seem to be able to convert well. This is a doc I had uploaded before & accidentally deleted, and the photos looked great as a "personal content", so I wanted to re-input it that way.

I'm hoping someone will contact me today. Everyone here says they have good customer service so I'm assuming there's some benevolent geek tearing his/her hair out over the problem right now. ;-)
Old 02-19-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
stoogeswoman
Zealot

and speaking of good customer service, eek! I'm still having the problem where every time I edit one of my posts, it creates a duplicate post instead! I'm making sure to hit the "Save Changes" button as someone else suggested but it's still happening.

So ... just get used to hearing twice as much from me, in the future!

Last edited by stoogeswoman; 02-19-2009 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 03:33 PM   #5
stoogeswoman
Zealot

Thought I would update to let you know it did finally go through at @ 11:30 today. Not sure why it took so long but hopefully it was just an aberration! :-)
Advert
Old 02-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #6
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
slow

It seems to me that the last few days that Fictionwise's website has been running a bit slow. They could be having server issues, which could be causing your problem.

Dunno. I don't normally upload stuff online, just download and use my Librarian.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote