Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Post New: HSN App

enTourage has added an "HSN" (Home Shopping Network) app to the enTourage App store.

You'll find it on your eDGe by launching the "Store" application and tapping "Apps". Currently it's at the top of the list.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:16 PM   #2
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Question

Shakes head...

Old 12-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
borisb
Edge User

Ummm - it's for shopping on HSN... the "shopping" channel... by the 14,000+ people who bought their Pocket eDGe on "HSN"... Sort of how market apps like Slideme and AndAppStore work... ?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Dr. T
Edge User

It looks like Fring was also updated. Has anyone tried the new version?

Old 12-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
jsfiller
Edge User

you can also buy the "big" Edge from HSN now.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #6
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. T View Post
It looks like Fring was also updated. Has anyone tried the new version?
Camera does not work due to device limitations.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrel View Post
Camera does not work due to device limitations.
I got the same message after the install of updated Fring (NB: Uninstall any previous version before installing the update), but what exactly is the limitation?

Old 12-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
sjarrel
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
I got the same message after the install of updated Fring (NB: Uninstall any previous version before installing the update), but what exactly is the limitation?
I uninstalled the previous version first. The message "camera does not work due to device limitations" was just a few seconds on screen.
In Fring there is an option for videocalls. The limitation imo is: we cannot make the camera active.

Old 12-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #9
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
I believe it is the amount of CPU, the edge is underclocked for some reason, I keep hoping an update will enable the full CPU.

Old 12-07-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
NiaTrue
Edge User

Ah, it didn't figure that the camera was the problem, but I'll test sjarrel's theory tonight.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:56 AM   #11
sjarrel
Edge User

Well, there is a testcall available. Normal call works but the lady talks a bit stuttering (at least that's what I receive). With the videocall: the camera works, but the picture is upside down and the lady talks st-utte-ring without the 'utte' now. So it's not usable yet. Maybe Ho-Ho-Ho-Froyo december 25?

Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 AM   #12
Dr. T
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
I believe it is the amount of CPU, the edge is underclocked for some reason, I keep hoping an update will enable the full CPU.
Has anyone asked TS if there are plans for an update to do this? They seem fairly forthcoming about things like this?

Old 12-08-2010, 09:00 AM   #13
borisb
Edge User

I don't think anyone has directly. It was surmised early on that the underclocking was to maximize battery life and/or keep heat under control - both of which are issues with increasing the clock speed. Some have suggested making the speed controllable via an option.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:05 AM   #14
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I guess I can see the impact to battery life, my smart phones battery life gets worse with each upgrade in hardware. I'm lucky if I see 12 hours out of my new phone - if I use it. It's good on standby; but not much fun that way. What I never understood was why bother with a camera and videocam that we can't really use for much of anything. Does anyone carry their edge around to take pictures with? If it at least integrated into the note taking apps like Evernote it would have some use. Qik video works, but the quality of the recording is poor and video-chat was one of the features the early ads featured.