Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of translated stories?
I'd love to check them out! 1 14.29%
I'd only look at them if I understood the language! 2 28.57%
Cool idea, but I don't read Greek! 4 57.14%
Cool idea, but I need another language! 2 28.57%
English has the most options; I'm resigned to accepting English. 1 14.29%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2010, 10:39 AM   #1
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Ίχνη Φαντασμάτων Μία υπόθεση του Μαξ Κίλλιαν - 99 cents!

Haunting Clues, the first story in the anthology, Tracking Magic, has been translated to Greek by the fabulous Emman. George!!

The Greek version is for sale exclusively at Smashwords for 99 cents in multiple formats.

For Sony devices, PDF displays best.
For Kindle, use .mobi.
For those just wanting to check out the sheer coolness of Greek, you can view the HTML.

If there is enough interest, it's possible I can convince Emman. George to translate the rest of the stories in "Tracking Magic." I may also make it available on Amazon or other outlets if demand is sufficient.

Here is the story summary:

Quote:
Ο Μαξ αναλαμβάνει να απομακρύνει τα φαντάσματα από μία πολυτελή έπαυλη. Για να αντιμετωπίσει τους νεκρούς, όμως, πρέπει πρώτα να ξεσκεπάσει τα μυστικά αυτών που είναι ακόμα ζωντανοί.

Τα «Ίχνη Φαντασμάτων» είναι το πρώτο διήγημα της ανθολογίας "Tracking Magic". Αν υπάρχει αρκετή ζήτηση, ενδέχεται να μπορούμε να πείσουμε την Emman. George να μεταφράσει και τα υπόλοιπα διηγήματα. Η ανθολογία είναι διαθέσιμη σε ηλεκτρονική μορφή στα αγγλικά και περιλαμβάνει συνολικά πέντε διηγήματα.

My thanks to Katerina Vamvasaki for the fabulous cover.

If there are any reviewers out there who review Greek stories, please contact me for a complimentary review copy.

Emman. George--thank you for all the hard work that went into the translation!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	haunting_greek.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	56652  

Last edited by BearMountainBooks; 08-26-2010 at 10:28 AM.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 02:28 PM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
That is so great, Maria, as we do have a few Greek members.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh cool! Send them my way! I'll try to whip up some dessert and coffee...
Old 08-14-2010, 06:10 PM   #4
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
One of them is me, but I guess I don't really count, as I am also ...ahem... the translator

I'm finding that translating is a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. So come on, Greek readers, give us reason to translate more! I hope you enjoy the story as much as I did!
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
One of them is me, but I guess I don't really count, as I am also ...ahem... the translator

I'm finding that translating is a lot of work, but also a lot of fun. So come on, Greek readers, give us reason to translate more! I hope you enjoy the story as much as I did!

Well, you count, but we only give you half points!

All books have to find their audience...the hard part is letting the audience know the books exist!!!

If anyone knows of Greek magazines who might be interested in either reviewing or publishing the story, let me know.

Thanks,
Maria
Old 08-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #6
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider

Okay--in case anyone was waiting, The Greek Translation of Haunting Clues is now available on Amazon.

I know some people don't like to create a new account just for one book. So if you've been on the fence--it's now on Amazon. It should appear on Amazon UK within a week!

Thank you!
Maria

Tags
ghost stories, greek, greek translations, haunted, short story