Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nook HD+/Calibre Question - Problem

Have a Nook HD+ and use an external memory card to hold alot of the non B&N ebooks I have gotten. Having trouble loading from Calibre to the memory card - connects to the computer and Calibre shows the Nook fine. Shows all the books loaded to the internal memory w/o problem. When I load books to the option - send to memory card A it appears to load fine. Going back a few days later to add a few more books and the ones loaded to the memory card do not show, only the ones listed to the internal memory. Opening the memory card files it shows "files" as listed but should they not show as individual folders with metadata and cover pictures instead?Are there any setting adjustments I need to make for this to work as its getting old reloading these books constantly. Not the memory card - its brand new.
Thanks for any help
Pookie
pookiebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #2
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
Don't know what you mean by the memory card showing "files".

When I plug in my HD+, at the top of Calibre on the toolbar towards the center, it shows Library, Device and SD Card A. I've configured SD Card A to put the books in "My Files/Books" and the default for the "Send to Device" button sends them to SD Card A. So, when I click a book and click "Send to Device", it sends only the epub file to that folder--nothing else. Since the cover image is inside the epub file, it has no problem showing that on my Nook. (the cover is all I care to have displayed anyway)
When I later connect my Nook back to Calibre, it shows my books I transferred to SD Card A. If yours does not, I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe it makes a difference which folder you're putting them into.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #3
pookiebr
Connoisseur
pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pookiebr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Re: Nook HD+/Calibre Question - Problem

I've configured SD Card A to put the books in "My Files/Books" and the default for the "Send to Device" button sends them to SD Card A.

How did you set this up? Maybe I dont have it correctly configured. What I meant by "files" is it doesnt show the books as being saved in epub format, just shows them as "files".
Thank you
pookiebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:09 PM   #4
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
When you plug in your Nook to your computer, "Card A" appears on the toolbar. Click the little down arrow and choose "Configure this device". About halfway down there's a sentence that reads "A list of folders on the device to which to send books." There's a textbox below it with a little button to the right. Click the button and direct it to your SD card and the MyFiles/Books folder.

But, I've noticed tonight when I plugged my HD+ into my computer, no checkmarks appeared in the "On Device" column. I had to click on the "Card A" and then back on "Library" before they would appear. Seems to be a bug in Calibre.
kevinp is offline   Reply With Quote