Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
dasimser
dasimser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Tag Browser partitioning

Hi,

I really like the new (and improved now that it works properly ) tag browser partitioning in 0.7.37! Thanks for the rapid feature development and even faster support!

I was playing with the tweaks trying to get my author name partitions to show lastname1 - lastname2 instead of just the first 4 characters. It would seem to be pretty simple to do (i.e., extract everything up to the comma or newline from author_sort), but it appears to be beyond my skills of using the template language and regexps.

Could one of you kind souls take pitty on me and let me know how to configure the tweaks to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Dave.
dasimser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Try
Code:
categories_collapsed_name_template = r'{first.sort:re((.*?)(\,|$).*,\1)} - {last.sort:re((.*?)(\,|$).*,\1)}'
Beyond the re itself, the trick here (one that I had forgotten about) is the "r" in front of the quote. That tells python to not process any of the backslashes in the string. Without the r, the backslashed characters get converted to something else.

I think I will change the tweak so that the 'r' is there by default.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #3
dasimser
dasimser began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Perfect! That did the trick.

Thanks for the help (and for the feature, for that matter )

Dave.
dasimser is offline   Reply With Quote