Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 12-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #1
matte633
Author and Songwriter
matte633 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Saint Nicholas, The Christmas Story

Hey everyone! I wrote an adventurous holiday novel for you to read. It's called Saint Nicholas, the Christmas Story, and is available on Amazon in the Kindle store or in Smashwords. It's historical fiction fantasy - humorous, adventurous, and romantic.

Thanks again.

Product Description
From his early days as a monk working with orphans to his final days as Bishop, this historical fiction fantasy novel details the life of the true Saint Nicholas, as never told before.

In an effort to help the poor in Asia Minor, Nicholas makes a risky trip to Byzantium (soon to be Constantinople), but finds himself evading the evil Emperor, Diocletian, who tracks him down across the middle east.

Escaping to the mountains east of Byzantium and north of Myra, Nicholas finds a winter wonder-land where a community of dwarfs live to escape cruel treatment from Rome. The little people are gifted craftsmen and entrepreneurs. The Bishop also falls in love with a beautiful woman, challenged with the choice of leaving a life of celibacy for an intimacy of a more earthly kind.

The Bishop discovers his monastery burned by Roman soldiers upon his return, and is later turned in by the Cardinal himself.

Imprisoned and sentenced to death, his only hope is the successor to Diocletian, the Warrior Constantine.

More than just an adventurous love story, SAINT NICHOLAS, THE CHRISTMAS STORY comes alive with the spirit of Christmas as we follow the world's greatest gift-giver, reminding us what giving is really about.

Last edited by matte633; 11-28-2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: outdated price. and I don't know how to delete this thread.
matte633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:29 AM   #2
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
It sounds like a wonderful story but since I own a Sony, I can't read it on my Reader. I know I can use Kindle for the PC but I refuse to buy Kindle books until the DRM is broken so I can read it away from my computer, which I can only do for short periods of time to do physical ailments.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
matte633
Author and Songwriter
matte633 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Saint Nicholas, the Christmas Story - New ebook

Hey all, I just posted my novel, Saint Nicholas, the Christmas Story, on smashwords. It's available in all formats!

here's a blurb:
From his early days as a monk working with orphans, to his final days as Bishop, this historical fiction fantasy novel details the life of the true Saint Nicholas, as never told before. Fueled by passion, challenged with love, and sentenced to die, Saint Nicholas has only one hope to save his people and himself. This historically rich novel also incorporates Christmas tradition fun. Pick up your copy today!

I hope you enjoy it!
~Matthew Eldridge
www.mattheweldridge.net
matte633 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
christian books, christmas, christmas stories, holiday story, new author, new release, saint nicholas