Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #46
juj1n
Connoisseur
juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.juj1n has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Lots!
So wait... if the Nov 30 ship dates got pushed back to Dec 9, what happened to those with Dec 7 ship dates? Did their get pushed back as well?
juj1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #47
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just checked my order. Since I wasn't one of the first to order, I was given a shipping date of Dec. 11. That still stands, but in light of developments reported in this thread, I wonder if if will still be in effect when Dec. 11 rolls around.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 08:14 PM   #48
PaulGuy
Zealot
PaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enoughPaulGuy will become famous soon enough

Device: GDX, K2i, K3 3G, nook wi-fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I just checked my order. Since I wasn't one of the first to order, I was given a shipping date of Dec. 11. That still stands, but in light of developments reported in this thread, I wonder if if will still be in effect when Dec. 11 rolls around.
Yes but I ordered Oct. 20th, got the email today, and my account still says expected ship date November 30th.
PaulGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:16 PM   #49
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGuy View Post
Yes but I ordered Oct. 20th, got the email today, and my account still says expected ship date November 30th.
To be honest, the best I’m hoping for at this point is to receive mine at least 2 weeks before Nook II: The Next Generation makes its debut.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:10 PM   #50
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post

The comment like the one you made earlier in the thread, and in other nook threads in the nook forum have been fairly negative, and yeah, the nook launch is about on par with the Kindle launch. Just a couple different problems at this point with the same results. While it probably isn't your intent, the attitude the comes off from your posts in the nook forum isn't exactly what I'd call constructive. .
that could be the appearance that comes off... not necessarily intended. sitting around in the kindle forums there are a LOT of out and out deliberate detractors, what goes around? who knows? at this point in the egame it seems that notes should have been made, lessons learned. B&N is big enough to have learned those lessons.

perhaps I am feeling a bit smug as they got caught in a panties down situation over the whole "sharing" thing, and I felt that was a preverication on their part. perhaps I am getting tired of the big guy lying to the little guy. perhaps I can gloat, just a bit, for once
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 09:35 PM   #51
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
I pre-ordered mine on Nov 1st with an estimated shipping date of Dec 7th.

I just check my order and the Dec 7th shipping date still stands...

I am hoping my order does not get delayed, however it is an estimated shipping date and not written in stone. I have no problem waiting a little longer for an eink device that will read all my ereader Drm books.
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:38 PM   #52
adfleisher
Enthusiast
adfleisher doesn't litteradfleisher doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook 360, Nook
Great. placed my order Oct. 20 at 5pm EST, and got the dreaded email, followed a few minutes ago by an email that my case had shipped. What the hell good is a case when I'm not sure if I'll ever see the device it goes in?

My status page still shows a ship date of 11/30, so hopefully the shipment notice is still coming, but if not I'm going to be pretty ticked.
adfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:45 AM   #53
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
that could be the appearance that comes off... not necessarily intended. sitting around in the kindle forums there are a LOT of out and out deliberate detractors, what goes around? who knows? at this point in the egame it seems that notes should have been made, lessons learned. B&N is big enough to have learned those lessons.

perhaps I am feeling a bit smug as they got caught in a panties down situation over the whole "sharing" thing, and I felt that was a preverication on their part. perhaps I am getting tired of the big guy lying to the little guy. perhaps I can gloat, just a bit, for once
I'm sure there have been deliberate detractors, and it's a shame. I don't know if you're referring to to Kindle section on MR or Amazon's own. The great thing about MR has always been that there was very little of that--but it takes a conscious effort from everyone to keep it from spreading.

I don't understand why any of it has to be us-vs.-them. Frankly, I hope every device on the market succeeds spectacularly. With luck, e-book reading devices will become widely-supported commodities to the point where the choice of hardware makes little difference. Heck, it's almost there already.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 11:46 AM   #54
porkupan
Fanatic
porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.porkupan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGuy View Post
We ordered 2 in this household and only got 1 coupon. Adding insult to injury.
I ordered 4 units, and got 1 coupon. Plus my supposed express shipping has been upgraded to something even more express (which is rather stupid, since they are probably shipping from their New Jersey warehouse, so even the cheapest ground shipping would get here overnight). Those B&N guys are smart, aren't they?
porkupan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #55
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post
I'm sure there have been deliberate detractors, and it's a shame. I don't know if you're referring to to Kindle section on MR or Amazon's own. The great thing about MR has always been that there was very little of that--but it takes a conscious effort from everyone to keep it from spreading.

I don't understand why any of it has to be us-vs.-them. Frankly, I hope every device on the market succeeds spectacularly. With luck, e-book reading devices will become widely-supported commodities to the point where the choice of hardware makes little difference. Heck, it's almost there already.
that may very well be. if commentary comes off as snide, it is in the gaze of the reader. I have dry humor, am direct, and call a fork a fork. I have no need to be cautioned in interwebs niceties
Old 12-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #56
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Quote:
that may very well be. if commentary comes off as snide, it is in the gaze of the reader. I have dry humor, am direct, and call a fork a fork. I have no need to be cautioned in interwebs niceties
Uh huh. OK.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:16 PM   #57
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by adfleisher View Post
Great. placed my order Oct. 20 at 5pm EST, and got the dreaded email, followed a few minutes ago by an email that my case had shipped. What the hell good is a case when I'm not sure if I'll ever see the device it goes in?

My status page still shows a ship date of 11/30, so hopefully the shipment notice is still coming, but if not I'm going to be pretty ticked.
would you rather of gotten a product that didn't work properly? Do you think they delayed this release just for fun or to piss you off?

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #58
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

I can completely understand the dissapointment in these folks! they've been waiting for what? over a month now? I think a lot of them are first time buyers, having decided this was the time to get their feet wet. how are people to know that the company may be tweaking the device until it is shipped? that is not what is expected from big business
Old 12-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #59
Abulia
Enthusiast
Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Abulia once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkchapman View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. I can't speak for what's happened in the past around here (I'm new, obviously) but the necessity for folks to come into the nook forum simply to troll is, frankly, befuddling to me. Is that how this site operates? Should I be spending my time -- as a nook pre-orderer -- in the Kindle forum making snide remarks?

Anyway, to the topic at hand, I got the same e-mail as everyone else with no new news on my ship date changing. I was a day 1 pre-order.

From my perspective free overnight shipping and $10 is good enough for me. It's a freaking electronic gadget to read books, not something my life depends on. I'm pleased that B&N has tried to step up and take care of this issue in a responsible manner. As a consumer that's all I expect.
Abulia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 05:29 PM   #60
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
I can completely understand the dissapointment in these folks! they've been waiting for what? over a month now? I think a lot of them are first time buyers, having decided this was the time to get their feet wet. how are people to know that the company may be tweaking the device until it is shipped? that is not what is expected from big business
What about the first time Kindle buyers who got bit by Amazon's inexperience in developing and manufacturing electronic devices? If we slam B&N for this, Amazon should be in the same boat (this is where I get into the pot/kettle remarks). It took Amazon the 2nd revision to not run into shipping problems.

If the issues related to the preliminary hearings are true, this is very likely not even a case of B&N tweaking the device until it ships, but rather lawyers giving B&N advice on how to behave in order not to get hammered by the judge, which is what good lawyers do. What happens in a court can cause even the best laid plans to make an about face and walk off a cliff at a moment's notice.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote