Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
wayne2612
Enthusiast
wayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, iPhone 6, iPad 3, MacBook Pro with Retina
Kobo & Smashwords

Hi

Does anybody know why Smashwords books have disappeared from Kobo?
I've purchased a few books by Stephen Leather that are from Smashwords, they no longer turn up in Kobo searches although they are in my library.
The reason I ask is because he's got a new book out and he told me that it would filter its way through to Kobo from Smashwords which is when I realise that all his Smashword books have disappeared.

Has Kobo stopped selling them now?

Thanks.
wayne2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:15 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Nope, still there (one at least):
http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Dream...FH1UMvPWAw&r=2

Use google, kobo search is crap.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Some books may disappear, and some re-appear, from Kobo due to the issues discussed in this thread...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224690
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
wayne2612
Enthusiast
wayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmoswayne2612 has become one with the cosmos

I'm able to find the releases of his Smashwords books that I've previously purchased on the Kobo site but only if I click on them from within my library. Trying to find them on the Kobo site, or having Google search for the titles and to search the Kobo site no longer turns them up.
I guess maybe they are missing from the search is to do with all the trouble over inappropriate books turning up in searches or something so they've preventing self-published books turning up in the search.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #5
Russell Brooks
Fanatic
Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Russell Brooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Are you sure your favorite author hasn't switched to KDP Select? If he did, then the only place they'd be available is through Amazon.

It's either that or Smashwords may have had difficulties shipping his books to KOBO. That happens every once in a while.
Russell Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
I have seven titles on Smashwords, they all disappeared from Kobo a few weeks ago. Three of them are back again now, the others will probably be back again at some point in the future.

One of our far-right newspapers started a campaign to stop people reading things they might want to read. Oddly enough, when people say newspapers should be controlled they have a fit about it.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
wayne2612
Enthusiast

My existing Smashwords books are all now back on Kobo but the new books that he's since released on Smashwords still aren't showing up on Kobo. He's said that they should filter through from Smashwords but weeks later they still haven't done.
Old 11-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #8
nikkie
Guru
nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40nikkie is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Android, Kindle Paperwhite, lots of ancient readers
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne2612 View Post
My existing Smashwords books are all now back on Kobo but the new books that he's since released on Smashwords still aren't showing up on Kobo. He's said that they should filter through from Smashwords but weeks later they still haven't done.
Hi Wayne,

If there are specific books you're concerned about, you should send a message to support and they can work it out for you. We're still working with them to get some books unblocked.
nikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
wayne2612
Enthusiast

I did email Kobo about the missing titles and they said that they'd pass the message onto their acquisitions team but I've not emailed Smashwords as yet. I suppose its worth a try.