Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-06-2014, 05:11 AM   #1006
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
I've tested this new function (swipe up and down to adjust the brightness) and yes it's really fun and it's a nice work of development , but I think if 2 big buttons (- and +) could appear, this would be more precise if each pressure increases or decreases the value by 1.

Last edited by akorx; 09-06-2014 at 05:16 AM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 05:24 AM   #1007
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
I've tested this new function (swipe up and down to adjust the brightness) and yes it's really fun and it's a nice work of development , but I think if 2 big buttons (- and +) could appear, this would be more precise if each pressure increases or decreases the value by 1.
But you can still pull up the regular brightness menu for that.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2014, 07:21 AM   #1008
trinity1
Enthusiast
trinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy bluetrinity1 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by trinity1 View Post
Upgraded my Glo to 3.8.0 (coming from 3.5.0), sideload. All went good, but while reading a sideloaded epub (light on, 28%) the screen started flashing (mean the light turned off, on, off) and the Glo had a spontaneus reboot. Happened once, hope it won't do again!!
No other issues, so far.
hate selfquoting, but I had 4 damned spontaneous reboots, always when I was reading a book with light on (25%). it happened with 2 different books (epubs, no errors, according to Flightcrew).

Anybody experiencing the same?
trinity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:06 PM   #1009
Achimogata
Achimogata began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Hi.

I am a french reader, new to this forum. I own a Kobo Glo with 3.8.0 firmware (from a 3.3.0 before). Everything looks good except the searching in library where autocompletion do not work and the search button is never active. Only the first letter brings some words on screen, until you wrote the second one and then all goes off.
Are you knowing about this bug ? It was fine on 3.3.0.
Achimogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 04:57 PM   #1010
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achimogata View Post
Hi.

I am a french reader, new to this forum. I own a Kobo Glo with 3.8.0 firmware (from a 3.3.0 before). Everything looks good except the searching in library where autocompletion do not work and the search button is never active. Only the first letter brings some words on screen, until you wrote the second one and then all goes off.
Are you knowing about this bug ? It was fine on 3.3.0.
I hadn't noticed that bug. On my Aura HD, the search works the same as in previous firmwares. The first letter starts bringing up suggested matches and further letters refine the choice. There is no autocompletion on the search term only in the search results. Sample screenshot where I typed in "elf" in the search field -- I generally find that I need no more than 3 characters to locate a series/title/author -- and the four results that matched. Elfhome being a series name, I could tap on it to see the books in the series.

Regards,
David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	373
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	128122  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2014, 06:01 PM   #1011
falkunmalti
falkunmalti began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As jackie_w said, there is a patch to change this. But, with 3.8.0, the swipe up and down the left edge of the screen gives better control of the light level. I suggest that you try this.
I just upgraded to 3.8.0 on my glo but the brightness doesn't change consistently. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Is there a secret touch? Also it works better when I take the glo out of the sleepcover.
falkunmalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #1012
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by falkunmalti View Post
I just upgraded to 3.8.0 on my glo but the brightness doesn't change consistently. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Is there a secret touch? Also it works better when I take the glo out of the sleepcover.
I run my finger against the bezel. I have seen some people say they had trouble doing this with the covers. It probably depends on the cover. The only issue I have is that if I hesitate when starting, it can select instead of changing the light. Or occasionally do both.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 07:33 AM   #1013
falkunmalti
falkunmalti began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I run my finger against the bezel. I have seen some people say they had trouble doing this with the covers. It probably depends on the cover. The only issue I have is that if I hesitate when starting, it can select instead of changing the light. Or occasionally do both.
Thanks davidfor. I will try that. I also experienced the select issue as well.
falkunmalti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:32 PM   #1014
ericvb69
ericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blueericvb69 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: kobo aura
Hi,

I'm currently experiencing a reproducible bug on my Aura, with stock 3.8.0 firmware.

After bookmarking a page within a book (tapping upper right corner), I can't unmark it and if I insist on un-bookmarking, the Aura reboots itself.

Anyone else?
ericvb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:44 PM   #1015
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvb69 View Post
Hi,

I'm currently experiencing a reproducible bug on my Aura, with stock 3.8.0 firmware.

After bookmarking a page within a book (tapping upper right corner), I can't unmark it and if I insist on un-bookmarking, the Aura reboots itself.

Anyone else?
Yes. We are looking for bug fix. See the post below.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=151
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #1016
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
I can confirm that the Aura H2O is Mark 4 hardware, like the HD. Or at least, sideloading Mark 4 3.8.0 onto it seems to work fine.

(go ahead, ask me how I know this... )
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:45 PM   #1017
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
How do you know this?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #1018
cme
reader
cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I can confirm that the Aura H2O is Mark 4 hardware, like the HD. Or at least, sideloading Mark 4 3.8.0 onto it seems to work fine.

(go ahead, ask me how I know this... )
Are you sure you installed Mark 4?

I just installed Mark 5 (this one) without a problem.
cme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:48 PM   #1019
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Until someone captures the URL used by the Desktop (or WiFi) to automatically download the firmware, or captures the file and posts the size of it, we won't know for sure which version of the firmware is the proper one for the H2O.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:50 PM   #1020
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I've updated the first post with a warning about not knowing which firmware is for the H2O.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote