Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 08-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Device: PRS-500
Direct Page Control with Enter

I'm posting this here in hopes that Diablo will move it into his thread once he's back from his vacation.

This is a modification of the Direct Page Control hack. It changes the confirmation button to be ENT (pressing in on the joystick) and the cancel to occur when a fifth digit is entered.

I'd like to extend a gigantic thank you to igorsk for making the flasher.

I'd also like to extend my great appreciation to all of the "hackers" for taking the enormous amounts of time to create each of these hacks. Just a minor change takes so much time editing/copying/flashing/recovering from the inevitable bricking/etc.

Hack includes: Direct page control inside books using enter to confirm and a fifth digit to cancel. Clock in status bar.
Lose function: Percentage page jump inside book with numeric keys.
File: main.xml and applicationStart.xml
Hack by: diabloNL (direct page control) Nogg (direct page control modification to use ENT) Shade (clock)
Download file: 6-2.zip
Comments: None
Attached Files
File Type: zip 6-2.zip (8.5 KB, 1046 views)

Last edited by Nogg; 08-18-2007 at 05:37 PM. Reason: bug fix
Nogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
Nogg
Literate!
Nogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it isNogg knows what time it is

Here's the modification of #16 for Jon:

Hack includes: Holding down ENT will turn the reader OFF. Direct page control inside books, using ENT to confirm and any value beyond the total page count to cancel. Smaller fonts in menu's, bookmarks, history and TOC. Total pages counter inside book and menu's. Reset by "ENTER" press in about screen. Joystick (right and left) page flip. Circular page flip button becomes history back and forward. Page flip function with circular button still available by holding it down. Volume "+" and "-" flip ten pages forward and back. Clock in status bar.
Lose function: Percentage page jump inside book with numeric keys. Ten pages jump when holding next and previous button. Function of direct page control hack (use small page flip buttons) and ten pages jump inside books with circular and small buttons.
File: main.xml and applicationStart.xml
Hack by: diabloNL (joystick, volume page flip, direct page control, smaller fonts and total pages counter) Shade (clock) Nogg (modifications for ENT and cancel in direct page control, True power off)
Download file: 16.zip
Comments: None
Attached Files
File Type: zip 16-2.zip (8.6 KB, 971 views)

Last edited by Nogg; 08-19-2007 at 07:33 PM.
Advert
Old 08-18-2007, 05:21 PM   #3
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Device: sony reader
do you mind creating a version that works in the book list section as well? i could try to figure it out but the changes seem to span lots of sections ...thx

edit: btw, i saw you mapped button to doMuteB, but don't see the function defined anywhere, forgot about it?

Last edited by ns66; 08-18-2007 at 05:30 PM.
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 05:38 PM   #4
Nogg
Literate!

Oops. Must have been a holdover from whatever random file I started from. Fixed now.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
Nogg
Literate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns66 View Post
do you mind creating a version that works in the book list section as well? i could try to figure it out but the changes seem to span lots of sections ...thx
I'm currently working on something else at the moment, but you could try copying the doDigit, stackP, onEnter, and pageChanged functions into the MENU group, overwriting the current onEnter and pageChanged that are already there. I'd also suggest removing the two setVariable lines in pageChanged that don't exist in the current MENU version.
Advert
Old 08-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So is this based on DiabloNL's #6 in his thread?

If so, can you make this also based on #16 before I flash #16?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
Nogg
Literate!

I'll try to get to it. I don't think I'll have much more time today, though.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
I'll try to get to it. I don't think I'll have much more time today, though.
That's OK. I'm in no hurry.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:38 PM   #9
ns66
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogg View Post
I'm currently working on something else at the moment, but you could try copying the doDigit, stackP, onEnter, and pageChanged functions into the MENU group, overwriting the current onEnter and pageChanged that are already there. I'd also suggest removing the two setVariable lines in pageChanged that don't exist in the current MENU version.
on second thought i think it's more convenient (1 button click) to go N% pages by button N for book list section, since usually less than 100 pages in book list. i will post the hack in diablo thread if there's interest
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
ns66
Connoisseur

i find my ereader is bricked, i tried to calculate the page number by doing

e = this.countPages();

this.setPage(e/10);

this seems to work only if e is xx0, if e is say 24, this will brick ereader, seems need to cast e/10 from float to int, but how? i tried (int)(e/10) doesn't seem to work, any idea?

(by the way, what language exactly is ereader using? javascript? VB?)

thx
Old 08-18-2007, 09:38 PM   #11
Nogg
Literate!

i'm not sure how to cast, but you might want to give round() a try.

it looks fairly javascripty to me, but i'm not familiar enough with js to know for sure.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:51 PM   #12
Nogg
Literate!

Actually, make that Math.round()
Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #13
ns66
Connoisseur

i tried it works, seems it's javascript
Old 08-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #14
Nogg
Literate!

Jon, I added the mods to #16 above. Enjoy!
Old 08-19-2007, 10:42 PM   #15
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Thank you! I'll have to have a go at installing it after my Reader drops one bar. I'm keeping track of how many page turns I might get with that one bar. And then I can install the turn off mod and see how that goes with the page count by turning it off when I go to sleep and turning it back on when I first start to read.