Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
rewind
rewind began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
DRM protected book from Kobo

This is my 1st post here.

I have had a Sony PRS 300 for a few months and have enjoyed reading free books. After reading about Kobo on this forum, I signed up and purchased a biography from Kobo, which is the first book that I have bought.

When I try to read it on the Sony reader, it says that it is protected. Have I done something wrong when I transferred it to the reader? Or have I simply bought a book that the reader cannot open?

Thanks, Alan
rewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Nvidiot
Connoisseur
Nvidiot began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Do you have Adobe Digital Editions installed, an account created in there and your PRS 300 linked to that account? If not, do that first, then redownload the epub file from kobo.
Nvidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-10-2010, 07:04 AM   #3
tech_au
Oz Bookworm
tech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura abouttech_au has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS 505,PRS 650
Having a protected ebook usually means the reader is not authorised to view the ebook so here is a few things to check.
Do you have Adobe DE installed and is your computer and reader authorised ?
If you downloaded the ebook with the Sony software when you go to the Help menu in the Sony software and choose About Reader library does it say this computer is authorised for Adobe content?
As I have said in another thread you should use Adobe DE to download all ebooks except Sony ebooks which you use the Sony software for.
tech_au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #4
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I made this mistake when I first used a protected book on my Sony. I had the software, I had the reader plugged in, the software recognized it so I assumed I was good to go. What I did not realize was that authorizing the reader to the software is an extra step. I had to go into the preferences of my Sony account to do this.
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #5
rewind
rewind began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS300
All sorted

Thanks for the replies and all the useful info. With all your help, I have now managed to get the book onto the reader.

What a great forum this is !!
rewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert