Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-27-2009, 10:52 PM   #1
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Predict the date - 500,000 posts?

We are at 499,394 post right now (499,395 with this one) so in the spirit of TadW's Predict the date - 40,000 members thread, I ask you:

- When will this happen?
- Where will it be?
- What will it be about?
- Who will write it?

My prediction: July 5th, and it will be in the Introduction forum, written by the 40,000 member that really really wants to say how great MR is!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
499,435 or so with this post..

- When will this happen?

July 4th

- Where will it be?

llounge

- What will it be about?

bacon? CHOCOLATE!!!

- Who will write it?

The blue one, next to the fish

(GraceKrispy or Geoff C)
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 01:23 AM   #3
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I vote July 1st, definitely in the llounge, and I predict it will be some otterly fabulous post about some sort of rodent or marsupial. Who? I'm not sure. But I am otterly certain it will be an illustrious member of MR...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
Verencat, where does one get this statistic?

I think it will happen withing the next couple of days.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #5
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Verencat, where does one get this statistic?

I think it will happen withing the next couple of days.
On the main Forums page, just below the chat box is all the stats..
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 01:48 AM   #6
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, thanks dreams! Funny how the fine print just gets missed.

540 some odd posts? We should be able to do that in a couple of days!
Old 06-28-2009, 01:51 AM   #7
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Maybe someone should start a "540 bottles of beer on the wall" thread?
Old 06-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Maybe someone should start a "540 bottles of beer on the wall" thread?
Judging from our last attempt, we'll be drunk before we hit 535.....
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...

Good point.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:02 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post

- When will this happen?
- Where will it be?
- What will it be about?
- Who will write it?

My prediction: July 5th, and it will be in the Introduction forum, written by the 40,000 member that really really wants to say how great MR is!
June 30th, in the lounge, commenting on this thread, me!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:04 AM   #11
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
June 30th, in the lounge, commenting on this thread, me!
Although, come to think of it, I don't think there's an easy way to identify post number 500,000. If we go by the number assigned, we've already passed 500,000, as my previous post was 505263.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:06 AM   #12
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Although, come to think of it, I don't think there's an easy way to identify post number 500,000. If we go by the number assigned, we've already passed 500,000, as my previous post was 505263.
Hmm.. I know - just before I post this message, the post count stands at 499,527. It it's up by one afterwards, we can probably convert from post number to number of posts.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:08 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Hmm.. I know - just before I post this message, the post count stands at 499,527. It it's up by one afterwards, we can probably convert from post number to number of posts.

said the man as he began to gradually install the fencing along the side of the longest road in the world.....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:09 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Yes! That post quoted above was indeed 499528, and the post number (in URL) is 505271, so post 505743 should be the 500,000th post, if no more get deleted meanwhile.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:11 AM   #15
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
said the man as he began to gradually install the fencing along the side of the longest road in the world.....
Yes, the off-by-one error is the commonest programming fault, I'm sure!

I just can't resist playing with numbers.