Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2015, 10:24 PM   #376
tortnoise
tortnoise began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
how do I remove/change the sleep and off pics from the malekgibek image?

Hi everibody,
new to this forum.
I`ve a kobo touch, installed the malekgibek new image.
Seems to work fine but cannot connect to play store, no big problem to me.
What I`d like to change are the sleep and off default pics.
How do I do it?
Thanx for your help.
tortnoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:13 AM   #377
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tortnoise View Post
Hi everibody,
new to this forum.
I`ve a kobo touch, installed the malekgibek new image.
Seems to work fine but cannot connect to play store, no big problem to me.
What I`d like to change are the sleep and off default pics.
How do I do it?
Thanx for your help.
Check the "Misc" section at "The Tips" of the 1st post.
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2015, 09:51 AM   #378
tortnoise

thanx 4 your reply.
Tried as you suggested, but the system doesn`t let me copy, remove, rename or unistall the app from the system\app folder.
Tried with titanium B and root unistaller too, but nothing...
Old 09-25-2015, 03:52 PM   #379
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
thanx 4 your reply.
Tried as you suggested, but the system doesn`t let me copy, remove, rename or unistall the app from the system\app folder.
In the ES Explorer you have to enable the "Root Explorer" option at the left sidebar (inside the "Tools" group)
Old 09-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #380
tortnoise

Tried with es explorer with root enabled but didn`t work.
The problem seems to be the system apks are locked and cannot be unistalled nor deleted , I tried with play store too and same result: cannot be unistalled.
Advert
Old 09-25-2015, 10:08 PM   #381
embryo
Fanatic

Quote:
Tried with es explorer with root enabled but didn`t work.
The problem seems to be the system apks are locked and cannot be unistalled nor deleted , I tried with play store too and same result: cannot be unistalled.
The other option is to mount the android partition with linux (I use vmware) and change the file there...
Old 09-26-2015, 08:38 AM   #382
tortnoise

I`ll try from linux, I should have a puppy distro somewhere on a usb stick.
Thanx a lot for your help.
Old 09-26-2015, 07:06 PM   #383
tortnoise

Solution Found!

Found the solution.
Es explorer works but 2 steps root activation are required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anki View Post
I have just solved that with this tutorial. But who can make a new Msge6 file with a normal white lock screen?

Use ES File Explorer..

Select menu-> Switch on Root Explorer under Tools.

Again click on Root Explorer.

A pop up window will appear.

Select Mount R/W -> Select RW option from the new popup for '/' and 'system'.

Now onto your operation. You will now be able to move the files without failure.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:36 PM   #384
loviedovie
Addict
loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.loviedovie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bookeen
Hi

I am trying to find a working recent Android image for AuraHD/ It looks like all the links posted there are expired or no avail.

Does anyone have a recent Android image for AuraHD internal Sd?

thanks
loviedovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #385
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by loviedovie View Post
Hi

I am trying to find a working recent Android image for AuraHD/ It looks like all the links posted there are expired or no avail.

Does anyone have a recent Android image for AuraHD internal Sd?

thanks
For the Aura HD, I used:

http://blog.the-ebook-reader.com/201...hack-tutorial/
http://angor00.blogspot.ca/2014/02/b...nal-sd-on.html
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:54 AM   #386
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Has anyone tried installing alternative launchers? I plan to try some.

I also will try to use different keyboard apks too.

I find the existing front end on the Aura HD unusable (so tiny!). The Nook ST uses Relaunch which is a non-graphical front-end. It's not pretty but it uses less resources.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:09 PM   #387
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Has anyone had success about Android on Kobo Mini?
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:51 AM   #388
pin54
pin54 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hi

I installed everything one year ago, but now I would like to install new version of Colordict and unfortunately I can not. Is it possible? Maybe I make something wrong? I downloaded new version (4.4) according to information on the first page, and when I try to install I get information: parse problem.

My aim is to export history list of searched words - in version 3.7 (I have on Kobo) it is impossible from the colordict interface. Maybe it is written in some txt file, but unfortunately I also can not find on disc any files connected to Colordict.

Any idea what can I do in this situation?
Thank you in advance for any help.
pin54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 07:40 AM   #389
rashsaga
rashsaga doesn't litterrashsaga doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, B&N Nook Simple Touch
Hi all, I'm new to this forum (and the website actually ).
First of all, I would like to thanks the developers, I am successfully able to use android on this Kobo Glo because of you people.

I have a query, is there a way to reverse the light button behaviour during startup.
i.e. I would like to boot in Android without pressing the light button, and into regular Kobo OS by pressing it.

I am sure you understand why this required; I mostly boot into Android, so just to save the hassle everytime.
rashsaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:40 PM   #390
rashsaga
rashsaga doesn't litterrashsaga doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, B&N Nook Simple Touch
Exclamation Requesting keymapping files

Hi all,

I have accidentally modified the files inside /system/usr/keylayout/keychars and keylayout while working on an app. (I should have made a backup, idiot! )

My power button in no more working.

Can someone kindly share these two folders?

PS. I'm on the verge of making a useful app for Glo with Android.
rashsaga is offline   Reply With Quote