Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-23-2007, 05:26 AM   #1
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Nice Video Review of Kindle

Heres a link to a review on JKontherun
There is quite a long video which provides somes good shots as well as some of the problems he has seen.

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkonther...erun-look.html

Have a Look

BBusyB

Update:
CNET's also got a look into it.
Its not as indept in some ways, but touches on some interesting points.

Last edited by bbusybookworm; 11-23-2007 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Additional News
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 10:44 AM   #2
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Heres a link to a review on JKontherun
There is quite a long video which provides somes good shots as well as some of the problems he has seen.

http://jkontherun.blogs.com/jkonther...erun-look.html

Have a Look

BBusyB

Wow, he really illustrates the problems with the side keys. I've seen a few mentions of accidental key press but he really points out what a flaw it is.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #3
SanAntone
Connoisseur
SanAntone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and Scribe
I had a little problem with it for the first few hours. Not anymore. I guess you get used to it.

I love having the "next page" keys on both sides of the device. I tend to use the one on the left side the most.
SanAntone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 11:31 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Looking at the demonstration of him buying a book, there didn't seem to be much security.

I guess if it gets stolen you can just get Amazon to cancel your Kindle account; but, for a prank, could someone borrow it and purchase hundreds of books on your account?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
I found out that if I am just reading, the page buttons aren't a problem, in fact I love them.

It's only when I take it out of it's case and am showing it to people that it's a problem. Then I am pushing them by mistake a lot
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 12:42 PM   #6
gregr209
Enthusiast
gregr209 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505 / Kindle
I wonder if there is a way one can turn one side off via a software hack or update or configuration setting? I bet we will be seeing, hopefully, a firmware update from Amazon in the near future to correct some minor issues.

Greg
gregr209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregr209 View Post
I wonder if there is a way one can turn one side off via a software hack or update or configuration setting? I bet we will be seeing, hopefully, a firmware update from Amazon in the near future to correct some minor issues.

Greg
That's a great idea. I'm sure someone will develop a hack based on that thought.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote