Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
Zoobie
Zoobie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505 and PRS-350
Where are the cases?

I just got the PRS-350 with the price drop (upgraded from PRS-505). I love the new screen and faster page turns, and although I was worried about the smaller screen, it has been fine.

My problem, though, is I can't find any cases. I've been to two Best Buys, Borders, Target, Radio Shack, and Wal-Mart. The only thing I've found are generic "one-size fits all" neoprene/faux leather cases that claim to be compatible with the Reader Pocket. Problem is, these cases all dwarf the tiny little reader.

Does anyone know where I can get a case for this little reader? Or is sonystyle.com the only option?
Zoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
Dixiemsala
Enthusiast
Dixiemsala began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 350, Kindle 2
There were only two places that I could find one. Sony and Amazon. In my opinion, they are very pricey, but, at least with Amazon, I had free shipping, so I went with that. I do like the case as it adds very little bulk to the 350.

By the way, I would have gone with an envelope style, but I couldn't even find one of those for the right size.
Dixiemsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Wherever you find it, buy it immediately. Cases for the 650 are almost impossible to find.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:24 PM   #4
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
Be careful. I've seen several cases that were made for the 300 being sold for the 350. They may work, but they will be over-sized. Check the case dimensions before buying.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've been searching for a nice case the last few days also and found the Sony case with light for $37.99 and free shipping at B&H Photo.

I was also very tempted to order a case from KreatedByKim, I've read that you can give them the dimensions of your device and what type of pattern you'd like and they'll make it the way you want it. Also the M-Edges here looked pretty good.

I might still get one of the smaller ones for when I take the reader out during the day when I won't need the bulkier light. But there are times at home I need the extra light, and from what I've read about the Sony case, I think it'll be perfect for my home needs.

I do know that Amazon has the Sony cases without the light also if that's your preference.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
Those M-Edge cases will be a little big for the 350. I'm pretty sure they were originally designed for the 300, which is somewhat larger. Not necessarily a big deal, but they won't fit like a glove.
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #7
nightfell
nightfell began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, had PRS-300
I got mine for $29.99 from an amazon vendor with free shipping. I just did a quick check the vendor I used doesn't have any in stock. But I did see another vendor is sell the blue Sony brand cover for $24.41. I personally like the Sony cover though I did wish it has more leather but so far the cloth part has held up very well.
nightfell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 11:23 AM   #8
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I'm debating between the Sony lighted cover for my 350, or the MEdge envelope-style cover. I'm a bit concerned about the MEdge cover not being sized right for the 350, and also for having One More Thing to worry about dropping, losing, or having to juggle when I travel.

I am also worried that the lighted cover won't fold back behind the unit, so I'll have to hold it open like a book, which will be hard on my hands - not wanting to hold a book open is what I'm getting an ereader for!

any advice, comments, suggestions?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #9
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur
sherbearjt08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
I used a M-edge Latitude case for my 300 and it was wonderful. I just got my 350 and it is too big, but I think for now I will use some velcro to secure it in until I get a new case. I like being able to open the cover as a book and having the zipper around it.
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:38 PM   #10
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I'm debating between the Sony lighted cover for my 350, or the MEdge envelope-style cover. I'm a bit concerned about the MEdge cover not being sized right for the 350, and also for having One More Thing to worry about dropping, losing, or having to juggle when I travel.

I am also worried that the lighted cover won't fold back behind the unit, so I'll have to hold it open like a book, which will be hard on my hands - not wanting to hold a book open is what I'm getting an ereader for!

any advice, comments, suggestions?
Don't worry it folds back. I got one yesterday and it is perfect.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbearjt08 View Post
I used a M-edge Latitude case for my 300 and it was wonderful. I just got my 350 and it is too big, but I think for now I will use some velcro to secure it in until I get a new case. I like being able to open the cover as a book and having the zipper around it.
You got it!!!! And?? Love at first sight? Hope you love yours as much as I love mine!!
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cases