Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #1
TimeEffect
Connoisseur
TimeEffect began at the beginning.

Device: Glo
How likely are we getting a sale for Mother's Day?

I'm pretty much banking on a sale and even a new Kobo ereader.

Unfortunately, this means passing up the Paperwhite sale ($20 off)
TimeEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There WON'T be a new device available before Mother's day (at least when it is scheduled in either the the US and Australia). Kobo usually announce devices a month before they are available. That means a new device might be announce before then, but you won't be able to buy it. Personally, I don't think we will see a new device until the second half of the year. I'll be very happy to be proved wrong. Though my wallet won't be.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 08:35 PM   #3
TimeEffect
Connoisseur
TimeEffect began at the beginning.

Device: Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There WON'T be a new device available before Mother's day (at least when it is scheduled in either the the US and Australia). Kobo usually announce devices a month before they are available. That means a new device might be announce before then, but you won't be able to buy it. Personally, I don't think we will see a new device until the second half of the year. I'll be very happy to be proved wrong. Though my wallet won't be.
Yeah..that rumour sounds unreliable

I am curious if Kobo will add physical buttons to compete with Amazon, plus a flush screen

Kobo usually discounts its ereaders for Mother's Day at least, right?

I want to jump on board the Glo HD
TimeEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:30 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeEffect View Post
Yeah..that rumour sounds unreliable

I am curious if Kobo will add physical buttons to compete with Amazon, plus a flush screen

Kobo usually discounts its ereaders for Mother's Day at least, right?
I just noticed that the Australian retailer for Kobo's have the Glo HD at $169 ($20 off). That seems to be part of their Mother's Day sale.

And I have never noticed that there was a cream cover for the Glo HD. Anyone know if this is new? Or am I just not observant?
Quote:
I want to jump on board the Glo HD
I wouldn't do that if I was you. You'd probably break the screen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
The UK already has a sale on devices but only the Kobo GLO HD, it's £89.99 (£20 off) I ordered on Saturday and received it today.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote