Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Nexus 7 with Bluetooth C-pen 3.5

This video shows how Nexus 7 works with Bluetooth C-pen 3.5

I received my Nexus 7 by UPS 2nd day yesterday... so I need C-pen 3.5 now
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
they're really on point with their language software, thats for sure. i ran a search and this one is the only offline text translator there is on the app store so for people who find themselves and nowhereland (which can be anywhere in the world outside of a big city) with no service it's totally awesome. i didnt see a price on this app yet, anyone?
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:39 AM   #3
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
they're really on point with their language software, thats for sure. i ran a search and this one is the only offline text translator there is on the app store so for people who find themselves and nowhereland (which can be anywhere in the world outside of a big city) with no service it's totally awesome. i didnt see a price on this app yet, anyone?
I see the price on Google pay - $59.95 for Spanish and Russian text translators
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...8ubXQuZW5ydSJd

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...8ubXQuZXNlbiJd
Old 07-25-2012, 08:47 PM   #4
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
That's incredible! I wonder if you can also connect other Bluetooth devices such as keyboard, mouse, and stylist pen. In a sense, a 7" tablet can be functioning like a PC.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You can attach a keyboard and mouse (both at the same time, if you wish ) using the USB port. You do not have to modify anything to get them to work. You will need a (cheap) OTG cable. They work out of the box.

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqn62m49S0

Last edited by taming; 07-25-2012 at 08:59 PM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 AM   #6
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
But connecting with cables is sooo 1990's haha. I think this will save allot of people from eating dog or rat. FIY i'm referring to scanning a menu
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:18 AM   #7
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by X read X View Post
But connecting with cables is sooo 1990's haha.
Well, if those things also came with their own power-brick, yeah.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
Polyglot27
Addict
Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Polyglot27 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Archos 80 G9, Sony PRS-650, Sony T1, Asus MemoPad.
I still have the original Swedish made C-Pens which I bought to use as dictionaries, which I swipe across a word in a foreign language and get the translation in a small LCD screen built into the side. They worked like a charm and I was very sad to see them go out of business. Has Ectaco bought the rights to continue its development? If the original team has designed this new version then it bodes well. The OCR on the original pen was excellent and if it is an improved version of that then it must be really good.
This will be an ideal way to copy small amounts of text into an Android tablet if the function is there.
Polyglot27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polyglot27 View Post
I still have the original Swedish made C-Pens which I bought to use as dictionaries, which I swipe across a word in a foreign language and get the translation in a small LCD screen built into the side. They worked like a charm and I was very sad to see them go out of business. Has Ectaco bought the rights to continue its development? If the original team has designed this new version then it bodes well. The OCR on the original pen was excellent and if it is an improved version of that then it must be really good.
This will be an ideal way to copy small amounts of text into an Android tablet if the function is there.
Accoding to information on C-pen website Ectaco is distributor of C-pen in USA
http://www.cpen.com/wheretobuy

They also have information about Android C-pen 3.5 on their website.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #10
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
You can attach a keyboard and mouse (both at the same time, if you wish ) using the USB port. You do not have to modify anything to get them to work. You will need a (cheap) OTG cable. They work out of the box.

YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOqn62m49S0
Excellent video to show old gears such as USB keyboard and mouse will work with N7. The way tablets are developing, I don't see myself buying another laptop in the future.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c-pen 3.5, nexus 7, translator