Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Feature Request: Touch Screen Usage

I'm getting a tablet PC and EPUBReader would make for a nice, light-weight reader for my books.

Unfortunately it seems to be a bit difficult to use with just a finger (or a stylus). Is there any way what you could incorporate a means of using a touchscreen for navigation?

Maybe add buttons to display the next page as well as the next chapter, also if you reach the end of that chapter, the "next page" button should automatically load the next chapter.

Maybe some form of gesture controls?

Also having a button to view in full-screen mode would be useful as well. I know you can press F11 in Firefox to display in full screen mode, but this is not very user-friendly with a tablet PC.

Speaking of buttons, why is the preferences button only available when you have launched a book? Seeing as they are global options used for all books, wouldn't it make more sense to have in in the library?
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyjack View Post
I'm getting a tablet PC and EPUBReader would make for a nice, light-weight reader for my books.

Unfortunately it seems to be a bit difficult to use with just a finger (or a stylus). Is there any way what you could incorporate a means of using a touchscreen for navigation?
Since EPUBReader runs in Firefox you *may* already be able to do what you want with the Firefox touchscreen add-on.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1250/
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:56 AM   #3
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:

Hi ghostyjack,

I put your request on the change list. I think that more and more people will use computers with touchscreens so the demand for another type of navigation will rise.

Did you already try the add-on mentioned by Dave_S? If so, it would be great, if you could post some feedback.

Quote:
Speaking of buttons, why is the preferences button only available when you have launched a book? Seeing as they are global options used for all books, wouldn't it make more sense to have in in the library?
Good question . The reason is, that I wanted to give the users the possibility to make changes right after they opened a book. Otherwise they would have to change to the library first. Perhaps it does make sense to give access to the preferences from the library too. I'll think about it.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
As I don't at present have a touch screen PC to try it on, I can't tell you how good it is. As soon as I do, I'll give it a try.

In the meantime I'll see what it's like with a mouse.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote