Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #1
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Line un-wrapping Factor

Is there any way that I can find a book where I modified the line un-wrapping factor in my library? I know that Calibre stores these defaults. Since I only did this to a few books out of the 3,000 in my library going in to the convert screens for each document isn't viable. I tried that already - it is just a waste of time.

Is the data stored in metadata.db? If yes, is there some way to query this specific information? Thanks a lot.............Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is stored in the db, get hold of an sqlite browser program and inspect the db for it. The data is in the surprisingly named conversion_options table
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-11-2010, 01:24 PM   #3
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Thanks Kovid, I did that. I found the table but I believe the info is stored in a blob which I don't know how to interpret or view. Am I missing something simple? ........Jackie
Old 08-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjansen View Post
Thanks Kovid, I did that. I found the table but I believe the info is stored in a blob which I don't know how to interpret or view. Am I missing something simple? ........Jackie
The field "book" tells you the book id of each book that it is remembering conversion settings for. Look up that book id in the table "books" under the field "id" to get title and author_sort.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:40 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here you go:

Code:
calibre-debug -c "import cPickle, pprint; from calibre.library import db; db = db(); ans = [(d[0], cPickle.loads(bytes(d[1]))) for d in db.conn.get('SELECT id,data from conversion_options')]; print '\n\n'.join(['id: %s\n%s'%(id, d) for id, d in ans])"
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 AM   #6
jjansen
J

Kovid, I read your response and couldn't have come up with anything like that in a million years!! WOW!
Now for the not so good news. I tried it and got the error message "Not enough space". I have about 3300 books in that Calibre library if that makes a difference......Jackie
Old 08-18-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

That's probably a windows console limitation. Redirect the output to a file