Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 01:05 AM   #1
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Question on Posting Guidelines

The posting guidelines say:

"MobileRead is intended to be a family-safe and work-safe website. Please post accordingly."

What does 'family-safe' and 'work-safe' mean in terms of what's acceptable on MR?

E.g. is 'swearing' ok? posting 'adult' material to the Upload section?

I think the terms might be open to a wide variety of interpretations, so some clarification on how they apply to MR would be helpful.
(I'm not looking to debate the definitions, just ensure I understand and respect them. )
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:04 AM   #2
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Good question. Although folks here for the MOST part are fairly polite, civilized, etc....there IS an occasional 'potty mouth'. While this doesn't offend me, it sorta suprises me.
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 AM   #3
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I believe that the general idea is that members should not post anything that they wouldn't want their boss or their mother to see on the screen.

So we would prefer not to see serious profanity.

About book uploads: it would be prudent to mention if the book is particularly controversial, so that members can make an informed choice about whether to download it.

We don't want to censor ideas, but we would prefer people to discuss them courteously. And we definitely don't want to see name-calling and other insults.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Patricia

The mention of 'family safe' made me wonder if we should bear young children in mind; but it looks like we don't need to be quite that genteel.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote