Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #1
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Smile The Thank You Pilot Bob thread!!!

About two weeks ago, Pilot Bob offered to give me his Sony PRS 500. After some talk, the idea was abandoned, I felt it was way too much, way to complicated, and I really didn't want to ask for something like that.

This evening, I saw a UPS notice on the door. Called my dad. Apparently, him and BOb had a talk behind my back, and BOb actually sent me his Sony!!!!!!!!

This is the most wonderful, generous, grand gesture I could ever imagine! An e-book reader is waiting for me somewhere around town, MY OWN READER!!!! I just can't believe it, can't wrap my head around it, can't thank BOb enough for it!!! I'll be grateful forever!!!

And thanks dad for paying postage and brokerage fees!!!

Can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here:

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you so much!
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Thanks BOb, what a kind gesture. VCat is very deserving and I see she has already added the PRS-500 to her profile. Now all of our mods have eBook readers.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Thanks BOb, what a kind gesture. VCat is very deserving and I see she has already added the PRS-500 to her profile. Now all of our mods have eBook readers.

WDE.
You kidding? I'm so glad, so happy, I jumped on the edit device button!!! Now I'm off to read everything about the 500!!! Yay!!!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
He has always been a sweet little penguin in my eyes, but now he is also a chivalrous knight penguin also!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #5
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Holy moly! That was really awesome of him!!!! Congrats on your new Sony!
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 09:15 PM   #6
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Major Karma coming your way Pilotbob! And enjoy your new toy Verencat
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:19 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
BOb you rock! Congratulations Vcat! Now get to reading!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #8
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I hope she can make use of it... and "maybe" by the end of the year, it will support ePub... who knows, Sony has been pretty secretive.

But, I have to share credit with her dad, YvanLeTerrible.... he actually sent me a bit of cash for it... even though he was only supposed to send $20 to cover freight.

I hope it got there all right (she wasn't home today when they came)... they have to pay the blood money to Canada Revenue Service of $51... eeekk! If I knew they were going to do that I would have told them the package was "books" rather than an "ebook reader" which he classified as "computer parts".

I can't wait to see the "Delivered" status on the UPS tracker. I would put a link to the tracker here but not sure she wants me to do that.

Enjoy it Cat!

BOb

Last edited by pilotbob; 08-17-2009 at 09:34 PM.
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
What a thoughtful and generous person you are, BOb.

Cat, don't spend too much time with your new reader. With the new job and your Facebook modding, we'll never see you!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #10
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post
This is the most wonderful, generous, grand gesture I could ever imagine!
Seems I could say the very same thing to you for your generosity to my daughter with your stamps!
I'm glad such a wonderful kindness has blessed you in return!
Enjoy your new ebook reader!

(Dad and Bob-- how truly wonderful of you!)
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
Verencat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I hope she can make use of it... and "maybe" by the end of the year, it will support ePub... who knows, Sony has been pretty secretive.

I can't wait to see the "Delivered" status on the UPS tracker. I would put a link to the tracker here but not sure she wants me to do that.

Enjoy it Cat!

BOb
I'll be your tracker - you'll hear me scream in Florida when I put my hand on it!! Thank you so much, soooo much!!! And I thanked dad plenty too, the sneaky little man! Can't believe he watch me drool on devices at the Mtl meet-up without saying a word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
What a thoughtful and generous person you are, BOb.

Cat, don't spend too much time with your new reader. With the new job and your Facebook modding, we'll never see you!
Yeah, well, sorry to say, I'm pretty much gone! I already have plenty of books downloaded to read on the computer (.lrf!!!) so I'll be busy!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #12
Verencat
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebarnmom View Post
Seems I could say the very same thing to you for your generosity to my daughter with your stamps!
I'm glad such a wonderful kindness has blessed you in return!
Enjoy your new ebook reader!

(Dad and Bob-- how truly wonderful of you!)
Geez, erm, yeah, well...not the same!

Some times it makes you think that karma really might exist?
Old 08-17-2009, 10:16 PM   #13
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
awww. that's very nice and sweet of them both!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
That was a very generous thing to do, for a very deserving person.

Good on you, PB.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:09 AM   #15
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Way to go, Bob!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote