Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Why NEWEGG sell White jetBook $100 cheaper than Black jetBook?

I just checked newegg.com website and see that Newegg sell White jetBook $100 cheaper than Black jetBook (they sell it for $199.99). As I know there are no any difference - just color (I have Black jetBook and my wife has white jetBook).
Do you have any ideas why White jetBook costs $100 cheaper?
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 AM   #2
Spectralist
Spectralist began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
Weird. The Canadian newegg sells them both for the same price, 259.99$CAN, about the cost of the white one you mention. Maybe the black ones were selling much better and they want to get rid of some white ones.
Spectralist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Actually $199 US is only about $225 CDN. And when you factor in tax and shipping (shipping is free on the US site) the CDN total comes out to about $305. However I agree with you about your reason for only selling the white. I would definitely choose the black over the white and I can only assume that a lot of other people would as well so they probably have stacks of white ones lying around.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Just a guess but I think the white ones are left over stock from when they were selling ALL of them for $199. And as soon as they sell off that stock the white ones will be $299 too.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Just a guess but I think the white ones are left over stock from when they were selling ALL of them for $199. And as soon as they sell off that stock the white ones will be $299 too.
Yes, you are right. I can't see any other reasons because white jetBook works the same way as black one. No any difference.
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #6
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
good call wodin, i would definitely agree with that

i think the white one looks really nice too and maybe they're overstocked on it but other than that i see no reason that after this offer is over it's prob gonna go back to their normal prices.
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #7
Kris777
Banned

NewEgg sell Black jetBook for $199.99 now