Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-21-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3, Nook 3G
PDF file on Nook

So I have a pdf file that is useless on the Nook. It is basically pictures of every single page of a book so it doesn't convert to text but to picture files. Is there any way to make this work on the nook so I can actually read the content within the pictures? As it stands now, the text is way, way too small to read.
primetime34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Have you changed the font size? That should be possible. If not and if it is a normal pdf book just transfer it to epub e.g. with calibre.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
primetime34
Zealot
primetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheeseprimetime34 can extract oil from cheese

No that doesn't really work because it is being treated as a picture, not text. So I can increase the font size until the 'picture' takes up the whole screen, but it isn't allowing the text to be large enough. Maybe I can submit a couple of pages of the pdf for people to see what I mean. It is a copyrighted book, but 2 pages of it should be fine...right?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
It sounds like it's a PDF full of scanned images of this book. Unless you are willing to OCR every page and then correct any and all errors, you may as well delete it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #5
primetime34
Zealot

I actually might be willing to do that.....suggestions on good ocr software that will help in this process. I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it to me in the end.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:58 PM   #6
lkmg
lkmg began at the beginning.

Device: none
can i transfer any pdf files into the Nook and view them there without problem? the pdf files could be just text or full or pics (e.g. comics). or i can only read purchased pdf files from the Nook?
lkmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:35 AM   #7
primetime34
Zealot

Any pdf file will load, but if it is picture only it might be tough to see the content. Just give it a shot and see how they look.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:16 AM   #8
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmg View Post
can i transfer any pdf files into the Nook and view them there without problem? the pdf files could be just text or full or pics (e.g. comics). or i can only read purchased pdf files from the Nook?
For scanned images, the display size should be as close as possible to the original (usually A4/letter). And the respective reader should be able to do zoom, reflow won't be working here.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote