Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-03-2014, 05:37 AM   #1
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
MarginNote app

I learned about this app on the Android forum, but I don't think it's been mentioned here (it's an iPad app, not Android). I think it could interest people here, though frankly it still needs work.

This app allows you to read and annotate PDF and ePub books. There seems to be a lot of functionalities related to notes. You can display your notes in the margin while reading (but apparently not the book's foot or end notes unfortunately), and you can sync them with Evernote.

I've been playing with the free evaluation version but it's rather buggy and confusing, so I'm a bit reluctant to embark on a serious reading with it. I will post more if I do end up using it.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:42 AM   #2
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
...don't forget to send your criticisms back to the developer. You may even get a reply !
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I played with the app a bit, but it's not reliable enough for serious use, and I'm afraid I don't have the mindset of a beta tester. The idea is great, and I did manage at some point to display footnotes in the margin, though I'm not sure how I did it. But the app is very unstable and doesn't seem to handle non-English characters very well. I hope it will improve with time because I really think it could be a great tool, especially for reading non-fiction.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Oh yeah, I remember seeing this looking through the App Store. I will have to have a play with it too. Seems there was an update today? Did you see that?

Here is their website: http://marginnote.com
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 04:29 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Yes, I saw the update and installed it I think, but haven't opened the app since. I should really take the time to write to the developer because I think this app has potential.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:34 AM   #6
MarginNote
MarginNote began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Hi,I'm the developer of MarginNote App.
Sorry for the unstable in some versions.I'm fixing these issues.
If you have some issue report or suggestions,that would be a big help for the app!
I'm preparing the new update which would be online in next week.

Best,
Min
MarginNote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:57 AM   #7
MarginNote

Thanks for your saying the app has potential, Looking forward to your suggestions!

Best,
Min
Old 03-31-2014, 07:30 AM   #8
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarginNote View Post
Thanks for your saying the app has potential, Looking forward to your suggestions!

Best,
Min
Hi, thank you for posting here! The main problem I am having is with footnotes in French, which display incorrectly. Here's a screen copy to show you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1641.PNG
Views:	218
Size:	485.1 KB
ID:	121071  
Old 03-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #9
MarginNote

Hi,it seems footnote popup can not display french correctly.

Thanks for your screenshot,could u send me the epub or other issue epub,so it may help me to replicate the issue.
my email is support@marginnote.com

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Hi, thank you for posting here! The main problem I am having is with footnotes in French, which display incorrectly. Here's a screen copy to show you.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #10
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarginNote View Post
Hi,it seems footnote popup can not display french correctly.

Thanks for your screenshot,could u send me the epub or other issue epub,so it may help me to replicate the issue.
my email is support@marginnote.com

Thanks!
I sent you the book but I also found out that the notes display correctly for other French books, so maybe there is something wrong with this one. Anyway, thank you for your interest, and for this app!
Old 04-02-2014, 11:53 PM   #11
onegoodman25
onegoodman25 began at the beginning.

Device: nook, kobo glo
seems like a really nice app, just downloaded, haven't had time to test it yet
onegoodman25 is offline   Reply With Quote