Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-11-2012, 02:24 PM   #46
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
A bunch of stuff from my childhood that's not really available (or is very expensive) including
Wally Cox-My Life as a Small Boy
Any/all Howard Pease books--I'm sure they're pretty politically incorrect, so I'll probably never see them again, but I loved these as a kid

Last edited by Ginwen; 11-27-2013 at 10:10 PM.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:17 PM   #47
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness View Post
In English...
It was in English. I'm not that much of a female dog to point out a Japanese version that most of the people on this forum can't read.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Cat fight! Cat Fight!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #49
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Lol you're reading it in the wrong tone if you're hearing a cat fight :P
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #50
Baroness
ePub Fan
Baroness began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
It was in English. I'm not that much of a female dog to point out a Japanese version that most of the people on this forum can't read.
I don't suppose you could link me?
Baroness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #51
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Lol you're reading it in the wrong tone if you're hearing a cat fight :P
I think it was the female dog mention that made me think of cats.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #52
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
I've mentioned before Sir Winston Churchill's multi-volume, heavy, out of print, hard-to-find in public libraries, history of World War I, the World Crisis -- which I've read is better than his outstanding World War II history.

Justificaton for this post : A fresh search shows World Crisis volume 1 became available, this year, as an uncorrected Canadian optical character recognition scan, at archive.org:

http://archive.org/details/worldcrisis00chur
Yes, thank you for that! A very impressive document; all 445 pages of it!

It's always interesting when new documents come into the public domain. Although, truth be told, not being a big reader of world history I probably won't make the time to read it. But still interesting to know what's available none the less.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:24 PM   #53
Laridae
Addict
Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laridae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Blackberry PlayBook, Nexus 4, ChromeBook
It might be fun to re-read some of the Hardy Boys mysteries, by Franklin W. Dixon, that I read as a kid.

I assume they are long out of print, and e-book format would seem to be a logical format for them.

Update: After further research, it turns out that not only are at least some of these books available from Amazon, but there are even some with Kindle versions!

Last edited by Laridae; 12-11-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Laridae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #54
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Is that the same as 1dollarscan? I have two out of print books I have been meaning to use this service for.
Do your ebooks have any typos or formatting issues due to OCR problems at all?
And do they actually deliver a kindle compatible format like .mobi, or just a file you have to convert yourself?
Yep, 1dollarscan.com. That's what happens when you respond to forum posts when sailing in gusty weather.

No, the results are very good. I received the files in PDF then converted them using Adobe AcrobatX Pro then Calibre (which now has a 64bit version).
DarkScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #55
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Thank you, Darkscribe!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:19 AM   #56
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Too many to count. All the books I'd love to reread, including some books from my youth. Most are in Dutch.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayne80 View Post
15 of Mary Stewart's mystery/romance books are available at Amazon uk
You got me looking at Mary Stewart on Amazon.com. I only know of 4 books by her and they're available there! Her Arthurian Saga is available as one Kindle book...

Last edited by Sweetpea; 12-12-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #57
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Swedish fiction in general from after 1942.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #58
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Everything I have in my personal library. I know it won't happen. I have been collecting and rereading my books since the 1960's. I have thousands and most will never make it into ebook format. To many are obscure authors and titles that no one will want to republish. The majority are Science Fiction, Mystery and Western.
Apache
Ditto, my feeling exactly only add Romance, Fantasy, Historical and Biography to the genre list. I'm older than Apache and have been reading longer.

Books are my friends and I re-read my favorites often.

To be specific. All of Sergeanne Golon's Angelique series, All of Kathleen Eagle's out of print books, Rebecca Brandewyne's Desperado, All of Mary Stewart's books, All of Victoria Holt's books, the rest of Zane Grey's books, just to name a few.

Last edited by Tattncat; 12-13-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 05:41 PM   #59
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I would like to re-read the Modesty Blaise books again but I cannot find them as ebooks.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #60
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
David Eddings Fantasy series.
Heron Carvic's Miss Seeton Mysteries.
Louise Cooper's Time's Master and Chaos Gate series.
Anne McCaffrey's Harper Hall series
Patricia Mckillip's Riddlemaster and Fool's Run
Robin Mckinley's Hero and the Crown
Fuzzy Papers, Fuzzy Bones, Golden Fuzzy
Crawford Killian's Brother Jonathan
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote