Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Amazon Italy and Spain

I opened up my Amazon report and noticed new stores for Amazon ES and IT! I'm guessing the Kindle isn't popular over there yet, so sales will be very slow to start with, but I look forward to the years ahead.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
And the official email.

Hello, We are excited to announce Kindle Direct Publishing on Amazon.es and Amazon.it!

If you have distribution rights in Italy or Spain for books you've published through Kindle Direct Publishing, they are already available in the new Kindle store on Amazon.es and Amazon.it. The list prices and royalty plans for titles sold on Amazon.es and Amazon.it are based on those you've chosen for the Amazon.com store.

In addition to KDP titles becoming available for sale on Amazon.es and Amazon.it, sales made to customers living in Italy, Vatican City, San Marino, Spain, and Andorra will qualify for 70% royalty on titles enrolled in the 70% royalty option.

Vatican City! Hmm . . . I wonder if the Pope wants to read about emo bunnies . . .
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Wooha! I'm pumped about this--I'm moving to Spain in a year, and I've been looking for good Spanish language Kindle titles. This will make my time there enjoyable.

EDIT:
I should say "more enjoyable." It's hard not to enjoy a country that gets up early, eats five times a day, naps all afternoon, and then stays up late.
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:47 AM   #4
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by djulian View Post
Wooha! I'm pumped about this--I'm moving to Spain in a year,
Whereabouts are you moving to in Spain? It's where I now live.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #5
djulian
Evangelist
djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djulian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
First year will be Cordoba, and then after that, we're thinking Valencia. What part of that lovely country are you currently enjoying?
djulian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:46 AM   #6
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
About 90km south of Valencia and 20km inland. Great area and great climate friendly people not too hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter. When you get to Valencia let me know and maybe we can meet up. Better to to PM now so we don't upset the mods.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
Lazybones
Groupie
Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lazybones ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I was glad to see it as well; I've only sold a few of my books in France and Germany (all of my titles are English-only), but more exposure is good. I have noticed on recent trips to the Continent that just about everyone under the age of 30 speaks English; it may just be anecdotal but it seems to have become a more prevalent second language even since the mid 1990s, when I did my doctoral research in Germany.
Lazybones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:19 PM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Amazon.it has been operating for a while, but no Kindle store yet.. until a few days ago: I guess they did not want to miss Kindle for Christmas!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, italy, kindle, spain