Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #16
BobKat
Enthusiast
BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobKat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I synced, it set me up with a time that was about 6 hours and 20 minutes different from my time. Then I adjusted it for my local time. It proceeded to sort by recent title normally for the first batch I loaded.
Then everything went haywire again and I was seeing the most recent book from before my 700 item mark. I then was trying to get recent by sorting by title/author and cycling back to sort by recent. It would pick up one of the recent titles.

So still a problem although I am almost done loading the kindle so it may not be a big deal now. I have only a handful left so I can find them with search. I'm glad I sorted the prolific authors early in the game. I certainly wouldn't want to try to find 50 titles by searching.

I will try to resync again. Should I leave it on wifi for a long time? I had it on for about 5 minutes before.

Last edited by BobKat; 01-09-2013 at 08:01 AM.
BobKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #17
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, that's not true. A collection is just a tag on the file - it doesn't do anything to it.
Well, on my PW, the books I put in a collection where removed from my device, and i had to re-download them from the cloud.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Well, on my PW, the books I put in a collection where removed from my device, and i had to re-download them from the cloud.
Perhaps you accidentally deleted them? I guarantee you that the act of adding books to a collection does NOT in itself delete them .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #19
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
It should indeed not...
I'll try it again, the next time I finish my book, and see what happens.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote