Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-30-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Do they really think this will sell?

While browsing the Kindle store, I stumbled across a book titled How to sell your products in Japan for free . A review says, "An excellent starter for those who dont have the money or the know-how to enter the Japanese market the traditional way."

The price? $2,720.76 -- but if you order through the publisher's web site, they'll take $5.00 off the price! http://www.amazon.com/sell-your-prod...387421&sr=1-17
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
LOL! Can I borrow your copy after you finish? I enjoy a good fantasy tale from time to time!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #3
Ham88
Zealot
Ham88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-booksHam88 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
Wow...
I can't believe anyone would buy this. I just looked at the file size and its only 45kb, for two grand I would expect them to at least sell you a heftier file. Wow...
Ham88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:13 PM   #4
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
While browsing the Kindle store, I stumbled across a book titled How to sell your products in Japan for free . A review says, "An excellent starter for those who dont have the money or the know-how to enter the Japanese market the traditional way."

The price? $2,720.76 -- but if you order through the publisher's web site, they'll take $5.00 off the price! http://www.amazon.com/sell-your-prod...387421&sr=1-17
wait, wait, you're *paying* a trillion dollars to try to sell your stuff in Japan for FREE? Uh, why don't you just ship the stuff there for free and save yourself a lot of money?

I love stories like this!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
what ? you can't put a price on good advice, right ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 04:37 PM   #6
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
what ? you can't put a price on good advice, right ?
DO NOT BUY THAT BOOK. IT IS OVERPRICED.

That'll be $2,720.76 please Zelda, payment accepted in Euros, GBP or Dollars.

Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:38 PM   #7
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
DO NOT BUY THAT BOOK. IT IS OVERPRICED.

That'll be $2,720.76 please Zelda, payment accepted in Euros, GBP or Dollars.

oh, trust me, i'm not your target audience. i'm notorious for blithely disregarding all the good advice people give me. well, most of it, anyway.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I betcha it isn't available in ePub, seeing as how it is Amazon and all that.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:45 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!

I gave it a 5 star rating, but stopped short of sending in my very funny review of the book. Amazon has sort of scared me straight, with its draconian Kindle rules and stuff.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I gave it a 5 star rating, but stopped short of sending in my very funny review of the book. Amazon has sort of scared me straight, with its draconian Kindle rules and stuff.
you could post it here. we're not draconian.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You should have gone for it, Dixie. You don't even have a Kindle.

It's amazing how stupid they think the buying public is. I would love to know if they actually sell any copies.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazbates View Post
You should have gone for it, Dixie. You don't even have a Kindle.

It's amazing how stupid they think the buying public is. I would love to know if they actually sell any copies.
oh, come now, they even offer you a 5$ discount if you buy it direct ! what are you complaining about ?
Old 06-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #13
zelda_pinwheel

not to mention, it's marked down from 3400.95$ !!!! that's some serious savings right there ! y'all are just a bunch of cynics, is what i say !
Old 06-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #14
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
oh, come now, they even offer you a 5$ discount if you buy it direct ! what are you complaining about ?
Who, me? Complain?

I love a good deal as much as the next girl, but $5?!? That's chump change. Where's the 30% off coupon and the discount of an additional 15% off if you use your Amazon credit card. Oh and they'll send Jeff B. to your house to download the file for you and read it to you, too, highlighting all the pertinent information and teaching you Japanese at the same time.

Now THAT'S a deal!!
Old 06-30-2009, 04:56 PM   #15
kazbates
Wizard

Quote:
not to mention, it's marked down from 3400.95$ !!!! that's some serious savings right there ! y'all are just a bunch of cynics, is what i say !
Sorry, You must type much faster than I do. You're right that is a deal.