Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
mkerian
mkerian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
PRS700 Crash while turning a page

Hi guys,

I've been having some problems with my 700 lately, (sync problems in an earlier post, but I figured that out)

Another problem has come up though, which is several times in a couple of days, when I flip the page (using touch, stylus, or button) the screen will go blank, and then the 700 will start up again as if I did a hard turn off.

Anyone else experience this?
mkerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:22 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
sounds like a bad file. maybe use a different format.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2009, 08:23 AM   #3
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
I would certainly test it with a different file -- Andybaby sounds like he's got the correct idea that you were trying to read a bad file. I would download a file from this forum and try that and see if the same page turn problem arises.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:34 AM   #4
mkerian
mkerian began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
It happened with a PDF and txt format...2 pdfs and one txt to be exact..
mkerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:32 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
contact support. sounds like a defect.

send the files to me and i will see if they crash on mine.

my 700 has never crashed in 2 months, so if yours is crashing, youve got bad files, or a bad reader.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert