Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #1
Lee5150
Lee5150 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
Chapter Headings on their own page? Help!

Hello,

I am new to epubs and only ever converted one PDF before but that worked fine.

I have downloaded a PDF which I would like to convert into an epub.

I have converted it to an .RFT and played with styles in word before trying to put the file back into calibre.

When I then convert the RFT into an epub, Calibre automatically adds a table on contents for me without me asking for it. I don't mind this but its picking up on the chapter headings (bonus) but then add the chapter content onto a seperate page.

How can I stop this from happening please?

Thank you very much

Lee
Lee5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee5150 View Post
I don't mind this but its picking up on the chapter headings (bonus) but then add the chapter content onto a seperate page.

How can I stop this from happening please?
I never have any TOC generated by calibre for an ePub create a separate page, which means I don't have enough info to help you. Reading this Sticky post may reveal what is happening.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
i seen this occasionally when converting with heuristics enabled ( in order to force one big XHTML to be split into chapter size chunks ).

if it bugs me I go into sigil & laboriously merge chapter headers & chapter text, one by one

it s a poor-quality source issue usually.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #4
Lee5150
Lee5150 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Touch
Thanks guys.

I did just that and popped it into Sigil and did what you said.

Thanks
Lee5150 is offline   Reply With Quote