Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
New Paperwhite!

My Paperwhite arrived today- two days early, thank you. The screen is very good- no splotches or discoloration. The lighting is very even. I don't have my camera handy so no pictures for now.

Setup went without a hitch. It came with 5.3.3 installed so I downgraded to 5.3.1, installed the jailbreak, jbpatch, and upgraded back to 5.3.3. Everything is working smoothly. I love this Kindle.

Here's a screenshot with the Charis SIL font, modified margins and justification tweak. Off to play!

Edit: I got the special offers version with the intent of unsubscribing eventually. However, I have a case on the way and once I have that, I'll probably never see a screensaver again anyway. So no hurry in getting rid of special offers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2013_01_30T17_36_16-0500.png
Views:	518
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	100369  

Last edited by JimmyR; 01-30-2013 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Additional info
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy-Jim View Post
Edit: I got the special offers version with the intent of unsubscribing eventually. However, I have a case on the way and once I have that, I'll probably never see a screensaver again anyway. So no hurry in getting rid of special offers.
Hehe... wrong. Unlike the regular screensaver, the Special Offers one requires you to swipe across the screen before you get back to reader mode.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
While the SO never bother me on my K4, on the PW, they would. I use an auto-wake cover with it, and when I open the cover, I see the last page read. With SO, Id see an ad and woudld need to swipe first.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Hehe... wrong. Unlike the regular screensaver, the Special Offers one requires you to swipe across the screen before you get back to reader mode.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Oh, well, still not a big deal. $20 dollars won't bankrupt me.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote