Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-02-2014, 03:59 AM   #1
bookw0rm
bookw0rm began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Question How to Convert from AZW3 or Mobi to PDF with great results?

Is there a way to convert AZW3 and mobi kindle ebooks to PDF while preserving the native print formatting? I use kindle unpack to convert AZW4 to PDF and it does this flawlessly. I would like to know if I can convert other kindle books to PDF in a similar manner as well.

I have tried Calibre's internal conversion and tweaked the configuration but the output is never anything like the paper/print format of the ebook in question.

Thanks!
bookw0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:05 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@bookw0rm AZW4 is a PDF inside a PDB wrapper, so the reason why the conversion is flawless is because there is no conversion as such, just an unwrap.

Conversions are rarely flawless.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-02-2014 at 07:09 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 PM   #3
xbryanthomasx
xbryanthomasx began at the beginning.

Device: none
Not to hijack the thread, but could you PM me on how to unwrap an AZW4? That's exactly what I'm looking to do.

Thanks!
xbryanthomasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 10:30 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbryanthomasx View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but could you PM me on how to unwrap an AZW4? That's exactly what I'm looking to do.

Thanks!
I have answered this on your other thread.
(Before going through new threads which is when I saw this.)

Last edited by eschwartz; 09-02-2014 at 10:32 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, azw3, conversion, ebook, pdf