Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 11:31 AM   #16
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I have no plans to provide calibre for ubuntu 8.04 I'm afraid.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #17
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I've run into the same problem described in this post and have corrected it with Kovid's fix by sommenting out the line in the main_ui.py file. I would like to make this a permanent solution by updating my Ubuntu sources to include the latest from fabice.

I've followed the instructions here: https://launchpad.net/+help/soyuz/ppa-sources-list.html but when I get to the terminal command to add the pgp key I keep getting "gpg: "1024R/F65DB995" not a key ID: skipping", so of course I can't run the update manager to get the updates without the warning.

Has anyone else run into this? There is every chance I'm doing something wrong and just not noticing it. Will an upgrade 9.10 resolve this or has someone fixed it in Jaunty?

thanks
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 05:46 AM   #18
MasBlaMan
MasBlaMan began at the beginning.

Device: prs-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I've run into the same problem described in this post and have corrected it with Kovid's fix by sommenting out the line in the main_ui.py file. I would like to make this a permanent solution by updating my Ubuntu sources to include the latest from fabice.

I've followed the instructions here: https://launchpad.net/+help/soyuz/ppa-sources-list.html but when I get to the terminal command to add the pgp key I keep getting "gpg: "1024R/F65DB995" not a key ID: skipping", so of course I can't run the update manager to get the updates without the warning.

Has anyone else run into this? There is every chance I'm doing something wrong and just not noticing it. Will an upgrade 9.10 resolve this or has someone fixed it in Jaunty?

thanks
use just the string after the /
ex:F65DB995
MasBlaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:51 PM   #19
JoeF
JoeF began at the beginning.

Device: B&N nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrero View Post
Just add the repository

deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/fabricesp/ppa/ubuntu jaunty main

as described here

https://launchpad.net/~fabricesp/+archive/ppa

The version in there is 0.5.9 while Kovid has released 0.5.10 (enough up to date for you ?)
Thanks for the link. He is up to 0.6.13 for Jaunty (I'm using EasyPeasy, which is based on Ubuntu 9.04). Better than the 0.4 version in the official Jaunty repository, but too old to support my B&N nook
JoeF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:56 PM   #20
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
You can just install the newest version using the instructions (python command) on Kovid's site for Jaunty, can't you? That way you'll get your nook supported.

That's what I do for Ubuntu Karmic anyway; I'm far too impatient to wait for the repos to update.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2010, 02:09 AM   #21
JoeF
JoeF began at the beginning.

Device: B&N nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
You can just install the newest version using the instructions (python command) on Kovid's site for Jaunty, can't you? That way you'll get your nook supported.

That's what I do for Ubuntu Karmic anyway; I'm far too impatient to wait for the repos to update.
Sure, that would work. I do that on my main system, which is Slackware Linux.
But I prefer using the package system on Debian-derived distros. I don't want to handle the dependencies on my own if I don't have to.
I may end up getting the package sources, and see if I can add the Python files for the nook manually, as a patch, and create a .deb myself to use for the install.
JoeF is offline   Reply With Quote