Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #136
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
Oh no I know it was discounted my point was most people don't want another contract.

If you don't mind paying $20 to $30 for the 3G then actually is was priced quite competitive. But the mindset of most people is being locked into a contract as opposed to month to month.

sorry if I wasn't clear. Personally if someone does want to be connected, no matter what and where, then even the 1G $20 a month isn't bad at all. Just do any major downloading or streaming when connected to your wi fi.

but it's the whole signing your name on the dotted line for 2 years just pyschologically scares people.

Trust Me Kenny C If I didn't owe taxes this year I would have been one those who bought the 1G 2 year contract. I love the Xoom. But my remarks to do stand about paying $800 for a tablet, that is just plain crazy.
I don't disagree. Just pointing out the details. I agree about paying full price for Wi-fi, but that was lowered by $200 shortly after release.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 08:08 AM   #137
madsquabbles
Groupie
madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.madsquabbles shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: samsung 8.9, galaxy note 10.1, galaxy note 2, nook hd+, ipad
xoom had the head start but wasted it. the eee pad transformer it going to (or already has) taken all the thunder for honeycomb tablets. i like the xoom and wanted to do a side by side with the transformer but i had bad luck on launch day. i've got the transformer on pre order and 13 days left on my xoom. not quite 100% on what i'll keep. the geek in me wants to keep both.

samsung may have a chance, but it's gotta come as cheap or close to what the transformer is.
madsquabbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 02:28 PM   #138
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I'm more than happy with my Xoom.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote