Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 06-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
FW 15.2: slower page turning in fbreader??

I've just updated the firmware from 14.2 to 15.2. I read with FBreader 0.9, as I did in 14.2.

But now I notice the page turning is noticeably slower. It's hard to time this, but I reckon it definitely takes more than a second (maybe a second and a half) for the page to fully refresh when going to the next. I'm sure this wasn't the case before I updated. And it's not fbreader that causes this, because the only thing I changed was update the firmware from 14.2 to 15.2.

Anybody else notice this?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklekens View Post
I've just updated the firmware from 14.2 to 15.2. I read with FBreader 0.9, as I did in 14.2.

But now I notice the page turning is noticeably slower. It's hard to time this, but I reckon it definitely takes more than a second (maybe a second and a half) for the page to fully refresh when going to the next. I'm sure this wasn't the case before I updated. And it's not fbreader that causes this, because the only thing I changed was update the firmware from 14.2 to 15.2.

Anybody else notice this?
Yes, I guess you're right.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 02:13 PM   #3
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
I do hope you'll be able to correct this in future releases. For me, the superfast page turn was one of the best features of the PB/FBreader combination.

I may revert to 14.2 just because of that, but I'm going to try 15.2 for a while to see if it reduces the freeze/reboot problems I occasionally have.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote