Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-05-2006, 12:11 AM   #1
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can I use the Z22 for Ebooks.

I'm interested in a relatively inexpensive device for reading E-books and I've ordered the Z22. Is the screens resolution high enough to allow for E-book reading without inducing Headaches?
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
eduj
eduj began at the beginning.

Device: EBM-911
I have a z22 and I use it for e-books; it comes with the software. I download text files and convert them to palm files. no problems. JPB
eduj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:39 PM   #3
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

How is the text, is it easy to read for a few hours or are you getting Eye strain? Are you using Ereader? Have you Downloaded any books from Ereader?
Old 09-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #4
johnnaryry
Connoisseur
johnnaryry doesn't litterjohnnaryry doesn't litter

Device: 64GB Apple iPad 3 WiFi, 32GB Apple iPhone 4S
The only downside to the z22 as an eBook reader is the lack of memory expansion options. As long as you don't mind the storage limitations, it should be fine...

--ryan
johnnaryry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #5
Scarpad
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnaryry
The only downside to the z22 as an eBook reader is the lack of memory expansion options. As long as you don't mind the storage limitations, it should be fine...

--ryan
I really don't need to carry more than 2-3 ebooks at a time at most, often just one book will be fine, maybe a few for vacation..
Old 09-05-2006, 05:32 PM   #6
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad
I really don't need to carry more than 2-3 ebooks at a time at most, often just one book will be fine, maybe a few for vacation..
I have a Z22 & read a lot. It's convenient for spare moments, e.g. waiting in line. However I do get eye stain when reading for prolonged periods (also I'm 64 and use bifocals - it may be better for younger eyes).

I'm purchasing a Plam TX, mainly for the larger screen.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 07:32 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad
Hey Scarpad, I just checked & I have over 30 books on my Z22 with 33% free memory.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:31 PM   #8
Scarpad
Addict

Yeah that's plenty of ebooks, more than enough, my main concern was the text readability, are you using ereader?
Old 09-07-2006, 01:43 PM   #9
slayda
Retired & reading more!

I use ereader mainly but occasionally use MobiPocket, Plucker, AportisDoc & RichReader. I prefer ereader.