Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-27-2015, 08:37 PM   #1201
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I'm having a problem where the plugin does not seem to set the "percent read" to 0% on unread books. The field simply remains empty if the book has not been opened on my reader.

Is this the intended behavior? From what I read from the help file, it does not appear to be. All check boxes in the "store bookmarks" dialog screen are blank.

BTW, should there be any issues with saving the ebook states from my Glo, and then restore them to my soon-to-arrive H2O?
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 08:59 PM   #1202
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Oasis
I don't think I mangle that column. davidfor, is this you or do I need to do some digging?
jgoguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:26 PM   #1203
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma

Oops.

I do believe I have posted this in the wrong thread. It was meant for the Kobo Utilities thread.

My apologies.

EDIT: Have now posted in the correct thread.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 09:31 PM   #1204
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think you wanted to be in the Kobo Utilities plugin thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
I'm having a problem where the plugin does not seem to set the "percent read" to 0% on unread books. The field simply remains empty if the book has not been opened on my reader.

Is this the intended behavior? From what I read from the help file, it does not appear to be. All check boxes in the "store bookmarks" dialog screen are blank.
Yes, it is deliberate. On the device, the reading state is store as, unread, reading and finished (there is a fourth state, but I don't think it is used anymore). The percent read is separate and normally only set if the book is being read. By not setting the percent read in the library, it indicates that the book has not been started on the device. And you can find these books with the search "#percentread:false" (with appropriate change for the column name and check that I have the syntax correct).

There are also performance reasons to do this. It means I don't need to retrieve the status of the unread books on the device, and update the calibre library.

And I just reread the help. It is badly worded. That bit is only for the restore. If the percent read is not set in the library, the book will be marked as unread on the device.
Quote:
BTW, should there be any issues with saving the ebook states from my Glo, and then restore them to my soon-to-arrive H2O?
Yes it can. When I started the store function, I realised very quickly that if I change how one item was stored, it could be restored to another device. I don't use it very often, but, I have tested it with my Glo and Touch with no problems.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 05:59 AM   #1205
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
This report in the KoboUtilities thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=886 shows that there is a problem with the style-hacks.css included with the driver.

My view is that the style-hacks.css should contain nothing except the following:
Code:
div#book-columns, div#book-inner {
  margin: 0 0 0 0;
  padding: 0 0 0 0;
}
(!important count be added to the margins and padding properties, but it is probably not necessary except in some unusual cases, since the style-hacks.css is applied after the book's stylesheet.)

Everything else in the style-hacks.css is going to affect the book in ways the creator does not expect.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #1206
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@GeoffR: Might be related to
Code:
div#book-inner p, div#book-inner div {
        font-size: 1.0em;
}
?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #1207
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person
jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgoguen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@GeoffR: Can you make sure you have the latest driver? I just downloaded the latest version fresh from the first post and the style hacks CSS there has no !important rules.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #1208
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I think that @Niluje can be right, because the problem is the font size in a specific section.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #1209
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

Ahh, misread, sorry.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:29 AM   #1210
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

New version uploaded to remove everything except the padding from the style hacks CSS. Calibre should offer the update within the next couple hours.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:15 PM   #1211
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ooops, I don't know if this is a new issue, or an old one, or even probably whether I'm doing something wrong. But "Set Series information" does not seem to work.

I mean, I've just noticed that I had it disabled (because of I don't remember which reason, I'm sure I used it in my former HD). So since I got my new two H2Os, I haven't been using it.

Then, today, I've enabled it but the Series information is not uploaded to the eReader. I've connected and unconnected it several times...
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 05:21 PM   #1212
jgoguen
Generally Awesome Person

That's not part of this driver. I think you meant to ask davidfor in the main calibre forum about the core KoboTouch driver?
Old 02-05-2015, 08:20 PM   #1213
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post
Ooops, I don't know if this is a new issue, or an old one, or even probably whether I'm doing something wrong. But "Set Series information" does not seem to work.

I mean, I've just noticed that I had it disabled (because of I don't remember which reason, I'm sure I used it in my former HD). So since I got my new two H2Os, I haven't been using it.

Then, today, I've enabled it but the Series information is not uploaded to the eReader. I've connected and unconnected it several times...
As jgoguen said, this is part of the KoboTouch driver and any problems would be there. I can't test right now, but I can see that several books I have put on my Glo in the last week or so have had the series information set, so I think it is working. The most common reason for the series info not being set is that metadata management is not set to automatic.

I'll do some more testing when I get home, but we should move discussion to the KoboTouch driver thread.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:21 PM   #1214
arspr
Dead account. Bye
arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arspr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
As jgoguen said, this is part of the KoboTouch driver and any problems would be there. I can't test right now, but I can see that several books I have put on my Glo in the last week or so have had the series information set, so I think it is working. The most common reason for the series info not being set is that metadata management is not set to automatic.

I'll do some more testing when I get home, but we should move discussion to the KoboTouch driver thread.

Thanks guys. That was the issue... My metadata management was in manual.
Forget about the issue. No more tests are needed.
arspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:28 PM   #1215
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arspr View Post

Thanks guys. That was the issue... My metadata management was in manual.
Forget about the issue. No more tests are needed.
That's OK. I frequently turn it off when testing things so that connecting doesn't take as long. And I never remember to turn it on until I notice a missing series.

Tags
error, kobo aura one