Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #16
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That seems to work just fine, doing exactly what I said - putting "RLq7Aqd_H7g" between the tags.
That is an interesting shortcut. I'll have to remeber it. Thanks Harry.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #17
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Tried both. if I use 'embed' I get mumbo jumbo, and if I paste the URL, just a blank open space like in my link...
I obviously tried everything first before posting asking for help . I'll try embed again, just in case I'm a total idiot......
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 09:37 AM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I think I prefer my version to yours .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #19
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Totally weird!
I go to edit my post once again, and guess what! The video is there now, without me doing anything! How did THAT happen? When you guys first looked at my link was the video showing or was it a blank place?
Old 03-14-2009, 09:46 AM   #20
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbone View Post
Totally weird!
I go to edit my post once again, and guess what! The video is there now, without me doing anything! How did THAT happen? When you guys first looked at my link was the video showing or was it a blank place?
I replaced it. I don't know why it worked for me but not you.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 09:50 AM   #21
dragonbone
must love dogs

Really! Wow, I didn't know that you can edit my posts! Thanks for fixing.... All that work for such a sad old song .
Thank everyone for your help!
Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 AM   #22
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Edit the post yourself, now, and take a look at what's there. Is it the same as what you originally had?
Old 03-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #23
dragonbone
must love dogs

Yes Sir, be right back.....
Old 03-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #24
dragonbone
must love dogs

bugger!!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:03 AM   #25
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

It appears to have disappeared again...
Old 03-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #26
dragonbone
must love dogs

Not funny, can Nate The Great please fix it for me again. Promise I won't meddle...
Hey Harry, you aren't doing 'something' are you?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #27
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Here is a copy of what is between the [YOUTUBE] flags in your post in the other thread, obtained by clicking on the "QUOTE" button on your post there (Note, I've altered the brackets for the flags from square - [] - to squiggly -{} - so that it won't try embed the video here but just show the content of the post):

{YOUTUBE}<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLq7Aqd_H7g&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RLq7Aqd_H7g&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>{/YOUTUBE}

Here is what Harry suggested you use:

{YOUTUBE}RLq7Aqd_H7g{/YOUTUBE}

based on the link you provided:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLq7Aqd_H7g
(note the bit after the "=" sign)

If you do what Harry suggests, I can see no reason why it wouldn't work, since it seems to work for moderators (eg. Harry and Nate), and the great, unwashed masses (eg. me) (not that this should make any difference anyway). Can you do the above (Harry's suggestion) in your original post, leave it like that, let us know, and let me/us have a look at it again?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:28 AM   #28
dragonbone
must love dogs

OK thanks I fixed it again with Harry's shortcut. It doesn't work the other way for me.
Thanks guys, sorry for the trouble.....
Old 03-14-2009, 10:38 AM   #29
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbone View Post
OK thanks I fixed it again with Harry's shortcut. It doesn't work the other way for me.
Thanks guys, sorry for the trouble.....
Speaking for myself, your apologies are unnecessary - you asked for help, and it was my choice to try provide it. Your gratitude, however, is appreciated.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:48 AM   #30
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That seems to work just fine, doing exactly what I said - putting "RLq7Aqd_H7g" between the tags.
Sweet. Funny I was just going to ask this same question.

The YouTube link thing should have a window that pops up and asks for the YouTube video's id... sort of like the Hyperlink thing does.

Alex, get on it, I know your board.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote