Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
lmcread
Enthusiast
lmcread began at the beginning.

Device: none
kobo store

when buying from the kobo store... do i buy one book at a time?? when i add a book , there is no option to continue shopping.... i thought i could add 5 books then do a check out... i also assume since these are not ebooks.. there don't run out of stock..... thanks for all the help..... can these books once bought and have in my account ... be loaded onto a sony ereader ...?
i started to lightly understand it when i joined .. then things happened... but now i have some time on my hands again..so really want to get back into the ebook world.... thanks for all the help.
lmcread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kobo has no cart system like the Sony store, Books on Board or Diesel so you buy one ebook at a time.

Kobo usually has an option to download an ePub copy of the book which can be loaded onto a Sony device. A few of their books don't offer an ePub option and have a PDF instead. PDF's can be read on a Sony, but it's generally not as nice as ePub.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
I emailed Kobo ages ago about the lack of a cart, and they said it was coming soon...still no sign of it. Don't they want people to spend more money with them?
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 04:12 PM   #4
mumbletop
mumbletop began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Pixel 5
You could use the wishlist as a sort-of cart. Plus, you only need to enter your payment details once.
mumbletop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #5
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Sorry, resurrecting a slightly old thread. Just did my first purchase at Baenebooks.com and all I can say is WOW talk about painless. I was able to add 5 books to my cart with one check out and payment. Books I could not find at Kobo either and were $5-6. Kobo can give me all the coupons they want... actually I almost never get coupons from them but I don't care. If you like Sci-Fi Baen is the place to go.

Last edited by Danger; 11-17-2012 at 09:40 AM. Reason: spelling correction won't -> want
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2012, 03:48 AM   #6
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
Sorry, resurrecting a slightly old thread. Just did my first purchase at Baenebooks.com and all I can say is WOW talk about painless. I was able to add 5 books to my cart with one check out and payment. Books I could not find at Kobo either and were $5-6. Kobo can give me all the coupons they won't... actually I almost never get coupons from them but I don't care. If you like Sci-Fi Baen is the place to go.
Check out their Free Library, if it is still there.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post
Check out their Free Library, if it is still there.
oh boy.... yes they do. I may never put my Kobo down again
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #8
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am tempted into buying a book at the Kobo store but all the complications with ADE, account creation etc, puts me off.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #9
ottdmk
Wizard
ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottdmk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Lenovo Tab M10 FHD Plus, Lenovo Tab M8 HD
Your mileage may vary, of course. The majority of ebooks I've bought have come from Kobo, and have been painless to buy. Account setup is a one-time thing. I've bought books directly from the device and from the website. Easy both ways, imho.

I've never bothered with ADE for Kobo books, because I don't need it for kepubs. I use it extensively with library books though, and find it painless. Account setup is, again, a one-time thing.
ottdmk is offline   Reply With Quote