Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #16
sjvs
Enthusiast
sjvs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Yes, because I have no way of testing it using an SD card (as I don't use one myself). Do books on your storage card appear in the list? Do you get an error? If you send me your books.db, I'd be happy to look into it.
sjvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 PM   #17
power3d
power3d began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjvs View Post
Yes, because I have no way of testing it using an SD card (as I don't use one myself). Do books on your storage card appear in the list? Do you get an error? If you send me your books.db, I'd be happy to look into it.
I can see them in Calibre, but not in the list provided by the plugin. I mean, not on the list of books with notes.
Anyway, when I want to make notes on an pdf I just copy it to the main memory of the device
power3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 07:09 AM   #18
sjvs
Enthusiast

Many people sent me emails asking whether the plugin supports exporting of typed notes and/or highlighted pieces of text. This is not the case at the moment. Also, the plugin only supports PDF books, not EPUB. So, for now, it's only handwritten notes in PDF books/documents.

Unfortunately, my time is limited, creating the plugin as it is now was already far from trivial. Furthermore, the Calibre Python "distribution" is not equipped with libraries that support extensive editing of PDF files. Exporting Sony's handwritten notes into a separate PDF file, and subsequently merging this "layer" with the original book is possible. However, advanced PDF editing (e.g. adding highlighting) is much harder...

Rendering handwritten notes on top of EPUB (HTML-like) files is also difficult, as the text flow is unclear.

If I have some spare time in the future, I will look at those things, but it's not likely to happen anytime soon, I'm afraid.

Sorry guys!
Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 AM   #19
slnread
slnread began at the beginning.

For these tasks you may give the standalone-app noteworks a try:
http://themediahost.de/noteworks

regards
slnread

---------------------[*] I have received many emails asking whether the plugin supports EPUB books, exporting typed notes, or exporting highlighted pieces of text. This is not the case at the moment: only handwritten notes in PDF books/documents can be exported using this plugin. See this post for more details. Sorry!
slnread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #20
Schrollini
Schrollini began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjvs View Post
However, advanced PDF editing (e.g. adding highlighting) is much harder...
FYI: I've implemented highlighting in pure Python in PRSAnnots (see also this thread). It's open source under the LGPL, so you might be able to make use of it. Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Schrollini is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #21
flobede
flobede began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 70b
Hi Sjvs and thank you very much for this useful app!
I frequently annotate documents on the PRS T1, but I mosly use highlights and annotations. As the extaction within the official Sony software is what it is, I often have to rework my notes to use them on my PC (Windows or Mac). At this regard, Scrollini's script seems very useful and - at first sight - totally complementary with what you've done.
I'm almost ignorant in programming (except a few scripts in pearl and vba), so I wondered if you could tell me if it seems doable to include PRSAnnots' functionalities into your addon. If your answer is that it's quite simple (and if no one else does it before), I may try to do it this summer with one friend's help and to learn python. If you say it's difficult, then I'll try to convince someone else to do it.
Thanks in adance sjvs for your insights!
flobede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:36 AM   #22
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
[QUOTE=slnread;2075013]For these tasks you may give the standalone-app noteworks a try:
http://themediahost.de/noteworks

regards
slnread

---------------------

I ran the .bat but nothing happened. Shouldn't it install the program?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
And in Calibre I tried the Notes for T1 plugin and received this:

calibre, version 0.8.55
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'unicode'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.prst1_notes.ui", line 40, in show_dialog
File "calibre_plugins.prst1_notes.main", line 47, in __init__
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for +: 'NoneType' and 'unicode'
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #24
Rikhodoo4
Rikhodoo4 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T2.
This seems a great plugin for my PRS-T2. I don't if if will work with it too, but first of all I have problems with installing this in Calibre 0.8.70. I get the error:
calibre, version 0.8.70
FOUT: Niet afgehandelde fout: <b>AttributeError</b>:'module' object has no attribute 'PRST1NotesPlugin'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 313, in add_plugin
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 403, in check_for_add_to_toolbars
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 543, in load_actual_plugin
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PRST1NotesPlugin'

Is this a known error? And it is known how I can fix this?
Rikhodoo4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #25
sjvs
Enthusiast

I just had a quick look at things - it seems that the Calibre developers have removed the pyPdf package from the Calibre Python distribution. In other words: one of the libraries this plugin relies on is no longer there.

It's a bit awkward - the Calibre changelog doesn't mention any of this. I currently don't have time to redesign the backend of this plugin, so I think you should take a look at the alternatives. The 'noteworks' standalone app (mentioned a few posts back) seems to be a good alternative?

I'm sorry about this.

Tags
handwriting, notes, prs-t1, prst1, sony