Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #1
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Original brown leather cover Bookeen

I just received my brown leather cover from Bookeen, but it doesn't look like the one on the website of Bookeen. I can't make a picture right now, but it is a two tone brown cover with white stitching, The outside is a light brown while the inside is a darker brown. Is this the one other people got as well or did they change the specs?
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #2
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
Thats the same one everyone else has, who has gotten a brown cover.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:59 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's the one. GREAT cover, I think.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:09 AM   #4
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Thanks guys for the reply, it is a very nice cover and the magnets are great. I thought they maybe switched specs. So it's just the picture on their website. I received it on my work and it looks like the"frame" that holds the Cybook is not straight, but I will need to fit it first to know for sure. Maybe when the Cybook is inserted it will straighten out.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You'll find that at first the magnets won't work too well, but after a couple of weeks, once the leather in the "hinge" has softened up, it works fine.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:40 AM   #6
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I noticed that aswell, that the cover doesnt close properly at first. But after a bit of use, the cover gets softer and closes like a charm.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:44 AM   #7
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Is that only when the Cybook is inside, because it closes very well right now.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Try it with the CyBook in it, and see .
Old 01-03-2008, 08:12 AM   #9
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Try it with the CyBook in it, and see .
When I get back home it will be the first thing I do.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #10
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

I tried it and it closes without any problem. It is a nice cover that makes the Cybook look very good.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:44 PM   #11
Gerry
Enthusiast
Gerry began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by diabloNL View Post
I just received my brown leather cover from Bookeen, but it doesn't look like the one on the website of Bookeen. I can't make a picture right now, but it is a two tone brown cover with white stitching, The outside is a light brown while the inside is a darker brown. Is this the one other people got as well or did they change the specs?
I hesitate to say this since so many people seem so happy with the cover, but I was disappointed in the brown cover when I received it. It doesn't match the close-up photos on the website, and while I expected "genuine cowhide Italian leather" the outside of the case is cheap brown vinyl. The inside is leather, but on mine the craftsmanship is lacking. Overall, I don't really feel like it is worth $40. However I do need it for protection, and so far I am very happy with the Cybook itself.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 02:41 AM   #12
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I hesitate to say this since so many people seem so happy with the cover, but I was disappointed in the brown cover when I received it. It doesn't match the close-up photos on the website, and while I expected "genuine cowhide Italian leather" the outside of the case is cheap brown vinyl. The inside is leather, but on mine the craftsmanship is lacking. Overall, I don't really feel like it is worth $40. However I do need it for protection, and so far I am very happy with the Cybook itself.
I think the outside is leather, not vinyl. It certainly smells like leather. I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship of the case - it's beautifully made, unlike the leather case for my Sony, which was a disaster.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:46 AM   #13
diabloNL
Gadget Force®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I have to admit that I agree with you about the craftmanship. It looks like they had to rush these covers through. On mine the brown "rubber" paint that they applied on the sides is done really bad. It was so thick and irregular that I have decided to cut it of around the screen. The paint was also spilled on different parts of the cover where it shouldn't be.

I didn't know the outside was not made out of leather, if that is true then they have misinformed me. It says very clear on their website it's made out of genuine Italian cow-hide leather.

Last edited by diabloNL; 01-04-2008 at 02:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:08 AM   #14
adelheid
Zealot
adelheid began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
I just hope there will be more third party covers available soon with a somewhat more modern look than the Bookeen one. Although I think it is well made and protects the cybook very well, the colour is not to my taste at all and the overall look is so very, very old fashioned (just my opinion ofcourse).
adelheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 AM   #15
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I like the "old fashioned" look, personally. When the Gen3 is in the closed case it doesn't look like an electronic device at all; more like a nice leather-bound diary.

You're right, though; third-party cases for those who prefer a different look would be an excellent thing. Hopefully this will happen in the future.