Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-05-2008, 10:33 AM   #31
jpb
jpb began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
That probably means that they haven't been getting your e-mail. Try sending it from a different account (Yahoo, hotmail, or something similar).
Actually I've been sending from different accounts (I've also sent from the account that got the notification that it was shipped back in November). From what I've been reading on this forum I think you're being too generous regarding Bookeen's desire to provide customer service. I noticed a phone number on a 2004 press release,
Perhaps a phone call to Laurent Picard of Bookeen at
33-0-153792089 might help?
jpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I've personally always had prompt replies from "support@bookeen.com", jpb, which is why I have a suspicion that your e-mail is not reaching them. It's far more likely than sinister conspiracy theories, IMHO. I'm very sorry to hear that you're having such awful problem contacting them; forgive the obvious suggestion, but have you checked your spam filters to make sure that Bookeen's replies to you aren't getting lost?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2008, 02:40 PM   #33
tribble
iLiad Maniac
tribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it istribble knows what time it is

Device: Bookeen Opus (i love that thing) and iPad (what an irony)
I have had problems with bookeen not replying promptly. But it is probably just depending on how busy they are that particular day. They are only a couple of people and its getting quite hectic sometimes. And on monday, after having many hours of pcking and shipping done they get notified, that they have lost a few hundred units and many hours of work, because someone robbed the FedEx truck. I feel for them. But i can also understand people who are being annoyed by slow responses. Bookeen should get a ticket system going.
tribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #34
jpb
jpb began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I've personally always had prompt replies from "support@bookeen.com", jpb, which is why I have a suspicion that your e-mail is not reaching them. It's far more likely than sinister conspiracy theories, IMHO. I'm very sorry to hear that you're having such awful problem contacting them; forgive the obvious suggestion, but have you checked your spam filters to make sure that Bookeen's replies to you aren't getting lost?

Ya I know, I'm just getting frustrated, mostly cause I had my cybook working just long enough to have gotten used to having lots of books with me all the time; it's just the withdrawal symptoms talking I have been checking my spam filters as well unfortunately nothing being held up that way as of yet.

Last edited by jpb; 02-05-2008 at 03:36 PM.
jpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:24 PM   #35
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
I have had problems with bookeen not replying promptly. But it is probably just depending on how busy they are that particular day. They are only a couple of people and its getting quite hectic sometimes. And on monday, after having many hours of pcking and shipping done they get notified, that they have lost a few hundred units and many hours of work, because someone robbed the FedEx truck. I feel for them. But i can also understand people who are being annoyed by slow responses. Bookeen should get a ticket system going.
Everyone should keep a watch on Ebay to see who/if a bunch of Bookeen Cybook Gen 3's show up for sell.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2008, 05:29 PM   #36
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Everyone should keep a watch on Ebay to see who/if a bunch of Bookeen Cybook Gen 3's show up for sell.
Good point!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #37
Vesper
Addict
Vesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheeseVesper can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-350, Cybook Gen3, Palm T|X
On a lighter note...

My Cybook is "in transit"
I expect it to arrive early next week (what can I say - I'm an optimist)
Vesper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #38
Egghead
Mentat
Egghead has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Bookeen Gen3 Cybook
Just received a new email telling me that a replacement cybook has shipped. Yay!
Egghead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
And nobody has bothered to keep this thread updated to say the gen3 is once again out of stock.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:43 PM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Perhaps because anyone who was interested already knew? All you have to do is look at the Bookeen web site, after all.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I find out these things from MobileRead since I don't visit the Bookeen website all that much.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 09:35 PM   #42
SUSGOD
Connoisseur
SUSGOD began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre-eBook reader PRO
Sold out again

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And nobody has bothered to keep this thread updated to say the gen3 is once again out of stock.
On Feb 7, Prospect informed mobileread that the Bookeen website posted the sold out again notice. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20241

Susan
SUSGOD is offline   Reply With Quote