Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-06-2014, 04:43 AM   #991
palaran
palaran began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Thanks for all the work in creating/maintaining this.
palaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 08:15 PM   #992
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Can anyone confirm or deny for me please, does Collections Manager show collections on an unregistered Kindle PW?

Thanks!
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2014, 08:06 AM   #993
hki908
hki908 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
Can anyone confirm or deny for me please, does Collections Manager show collections on an unregistered Kindle PW?

Thanks!

Yes. Installed it yesterday, kindle paperwhite 2, running version 5.4.3.2 and it´s working fine, at least after I understood how it worked.

Only subtle thing is, and it´s written in the instructions (except I did not read all of it at first, so wasted some 10 minutes, my fault), you NEED to have the Kindlet Kit installed, and if you unregistered the kindle since you first installed the Kindlet Kit, you need to install the kindlet kit again.
hki908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:28 PM   #994
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
KPW1 5.3.9 > Updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Ok, here's a proxy release: 2.7.1

This new version brings support for FW 5.4.3.2 on the PW2, thanks to mhnotnot's contribution. Thanks!

I don't know if 5.4.3 is similar enough to work properly, and I think this doesn't handle 5.4.3.1 correctly, so if you're running one of those versions, please tell us about your experience, a fix might be trivial.

@ixtab & @mhnotnot: right now, the source lives as a bb fork here, and I'll send a PR as soon as everything is done .

EDIT: Done. If something broke, I'm probably solely responsible for it, so, yeah, tell me if something feels wonky .
Any ideas on if this new patch would possibly work with the post 5.3.9 updates for the kindle pw1? I know nothing "about programming" just like Jon Snow :P

Thanks
Crissman
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:51 PM   #995
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@crissman: Unfortunately, probably not.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2014, 05:53 PM   #996
crissman
Connoisseur
crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.crissman could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Aura H20,Kindle PW1
I didn't think so, but it was worth a shot to ask anyways. Thanks
crissman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #997
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm.....Ok, it's not a PW2, it's a 1. 5.3.4 and I followed the instructions in the OP. I do have Kindlet Kit on the device but no collections are showing up. This is a device that's never been registered to me and doesn't appear to be able to.

Lots of books but no collections and of course the Create Collection is greyed out.

Suggestions? What am I missing?
Old 07-08-2014, 08:26 PM   #998
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Shopaholic: Still not convinced collections *can* show up on an unregistered K5.

What do you see in CM itself?
Old 07-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #999
ACardAttack
ACardAttack began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
PW2 5.4.3.2 should I be able to hide books on the home screen and have them still show up in the collection I place them?

I was under the impression that this was suppose to now work, but anything hidden on the home screen also is hidden in the collection I placed it in.
ACardAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #1000
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

Quote:
@Shopaholic: Still not convinced collections *can* show up on an unregistered K5.

What do you see in CM itself?
um...well, I don't see CM on the device. I'm using Calibre with the plugin. Is that the problem, aside of course from the device being unregistered?
Old 07-08-2014, 09:53 PM   #1001
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
um...well, I don't see CM on the device. I'm using Calibre with the plugin. Is that the problem, aside of course from the device being unregistered?
You say you followed the directions in the OP for installing the Collections Manager kindlet, yet you are only using the plugin?

There is a contradiction somewhere there...

The plugin creates a collections.json which does nothing whatsoever except give CM a resource to import collections from. You MUST use CM to create collections on the Touch/PW.

Menu ==> Synchronization ==> Import collections from calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #1002
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Hmmm.....Ok, it's not a PW2, it's a 1. 5.3.4 and I followed the instructions in the OP. I do have Kindlet Kit on the device but no collections are showing up. This is a device that's never been registered to me and doesn't appear to be able to.

Lots of books but no collections and of course the Create Collection is greyed out.

Suggestions? What am I missing?
The first, introductory post of this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=193260
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:47 PM   #1003
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ACardAttack: Nope. In no way did the 5.4.3.2 support meant that nesting worked again. The framework's behavior hasn't changed.

@Shopaholic: Yep, you're missing a rather key part of the equation . The Kindle Collection plugin can't do anything on its own for K5 devices.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #1004
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!

Quote:
@Shopaholic: Yep, you're missing a rather key part of the equation . The Kindle Collection plugin can't do anything on its own for K5 devices.
LOL well, I kinda figured I was missing something! The register trick is too advanced for me I think. No big financial loss if the second one is bricked but I do like having a backup.

Thank you all for your patience. I'm not entirely stupid just a wee bit of hand holding may be required for the lightbulb to turn on.

- did the jailbreak [saw it say jailbreak on the device]
- did the MKK [I see the file on the device through my PC]
- have the Kindle Collections plugin in Calibre

And the missing piece of the puzzle would be?
Old 07-08-2014, 11:13 PM   #1005
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
LOL well, I kinda figured I was missing something! The register trick is too advanced for me I think. No big financial loss if the second one is bricked but I do like having a backup.

Thank you all for your patience. I'm not entirely stupid just a wee bit of hand holding may be required for the lightbulb to turn on.

- did the jailbreak [saw it say jailbreak on the device]
- did the MKK [I see the file on the device through my PC]
- have the Kindle Collections plugin in Calibre

And the missing piece of the puzzle would be?
Like I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The plugin creates a collections.json which does nothing whatsoever except give CM a resource to import collections from. You MUST use CM to create collections on the Touch/PW.

Menu ==> Synchronization ==> Import collections from calibre.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks