Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-30-2014, 07:35 AM   #976
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Owner View Post
Hi eschwartz,

thanks for the link, but I couldn't wait for NiLuJe to test the patch.

I installed it and it looks like it is running. But I can't do a functionality test until I have access to my computer with calibre running....

Andreas
Yep, I didn't notice at first the new version was actually uploaded with the patch. I edited my post, probably while you were reading it.

You can still test the manual functionality while you wait...
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:45 AM   #977
tweak4
tweak4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
The update appears to work as a standalone for 5.4.3.2, but installing it seems to have broken the screensaver hack. I'll try to reapply it tonight after work, but I figured I'd at least mention that after updating the collection manager, by screensavers have reverted back to stock.
tweak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2014, 09:59 AM   #978
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak4 View Post
The update appears to work as a standalone for 5.4.3.2, but installing it seems to have broken the screensaver hack. I'll try to reapply it tonight after work, but I figured I'd at least mention that after updating the collection manager, by screensavers have reverted back to stock.
More likely - the update you reported receiving in your last post broke the screensavers (and other of our add-ins) -
A well known result of an OTA update.

Just follow the directions for recovering from an OTA update.
Also, consider installing the "Backdoor Lock" so you can control if/when Amazon destroys your Mobileread additions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:13 AM   #979
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
More likely - the update you reported receiving in your last post broke the screensavers (and other of our add-ins) -

Also, consider installing the "Backdoor Lock" so you can control if/when Amazon destroys your Mobileread additions.
You mean the update tweak4 got in May?
(It didn't sound like he was referring to an OTA update anyway... although the result does.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweak4 View Post
My PW2 updated itself to 5.4.3.2 tonight, so I can also confirm that the collections manager will not work with this version either.

Last edited by eschwartz; 06-30-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 PM   #980
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Well, a Kindlet and the ScreenSavers hack are completely and utterly orthogonal, so I sure hope he got an OTA on the way, because that doesn't make any sense otherwise ;p.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2014, 01:24 PM   #981
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You mean the update tweak4 got in May?
(It didn't sound like he was referring to an OTA update anyway... although the result does.)
Nope - I replied to the wrong post.
The update that PW_Owner got OTA.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:21 PM   #982
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 2.7.1

Ok, here's a proxy release: 2.7.1

This new version brings support for FW 5.4.3.2 on the PW2, thanks to mhnotnot's contribution. Thanks!

I don't know if 5.4.3 is similar enough to work properly, and I think this doesn't handle 5.4.3.1 correctly, so if you're running one of those versions, please tell us about your experience, a fix might be trivial.

@ixtab & @mhnotnot: right now, the source lives as a bb fork here, and I'll send a PR as soon as everything is done .

EDIT: Done. If something broke, I'm probably solely responsible for it, so, yeah, tell me if something feels wonky .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-30-2014 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 08:09 PM   #983
DrPrince
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Ok, here's a proxy release: 2.7.1

This new version brings support for FW 5.4.3.2 on the PW2, thanks to mhnotnot's contribution. Thanks!

I don't know if 5.4.3 is similar enough to work properly, and I think this doesn't handle 5.4.3.1 correctly, so if you're running one of those versions, please tell us about your experience, a fix might be trivial.

@ixtab & @mhnotnot: right now, the source lives as a bb fork here, and I'll send a PR as soon as everything is done .

EDIT: Done. If something broke, I'm probably solely responsible for it, so, yeah, tell me if something feels wonky .
What about Kindle Touch 5.3.7.1
Old 06-30-2014, 08:17 PM   #984
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@DrPrince: Not supported right now, but supporting it *might* be trivial, provided Amazon wasn't completely evil.

If no-one has bothered to check before then, I'll try to remember that next time I update my Touch.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:34 PM   #985
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Version 2.7.2

Okay, I had time to check, and supporting 5.3.7.1 appears to be trivial, so, let's do it .

Do the same for 5.4.3.1, although I did *NOT* test it (unlike 5.3.7.1, which at a quick glance seems to be behaving okay).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-30-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #986
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Okay, I had time to check, and supporting 5.3.7.1 appears to be trivial, so, let's do it .

Do the same for 5.4.3.1, although I did *NOT* test it (unlike 5.3.7.1, which at a quick glance seems to be behaving okay).
Soo, time to upgrade then I guess.

Old 07-01-2014, 02:24 AM   #987
DrPrince
Nameless Being

Quote:

Finally it is working... Many Thanks
Old 07-02-2014, 12:19 AM   #988
mthodmn101
mthodmn101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
Got excited when i saw this was finally updated... but still not for my firmware... oh well, the wait continues
mthodmn101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:28 AM   #989
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
(Sir) Elton John has a similar observation:

Old 07-03-2014, 08:02 AM   #990
tweak4
tweak4 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

Just to be clear then, the OTA update broke the jailbreak. After updating, I reapplied the jailbreak and the screensaver mod and everything was back to normal.

Then, entirely separately, I updated my version of the collection manager, which re-broke the screensaver mod. However, re-installing the mod worked, and now I have an updated kindle that correctly runs the collections manager and uses my own customized screensaver images.
tweak4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks