Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 11:22 PM   #961
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@eschwartz: I suppose the stock image is a png somewhere on the rootfs, so that should be easy enough. Making it dynamic though, meeeep.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:43 PM   #962
DrPrince
Nameless Being

Not compatible with Kindle touch 5.3.7.1
Advert
Old 06-19-2014, 10:13 PM   #963
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Requirements:
Kindle Touch: Firmware 5.1.0 - 5.3.7
not a shocker.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #964
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPrince View Post
Not compatible with Kindle touch 5.3.7.1
The author is away from the forum.
But you are welcome to update it:
https://bitbucket.org/ixtab/ktcollectionsmgr/src
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:26 PM   #965
garyn
garyn began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi folks.
I am a novice when it comes to technical things but I do try to work things out before asking for help.
Last week I purchased a Kindle Fire HD 7" and have successfully converted just under 900 ebooks using calibre. That has all worked out fine and they are now available to read on my Kindle.
Today I installed the Collections Manager plugin. This is where my problems have started, the only instructions on how to use said plugin all seem to be a few years old and I am now starting to wonder if CM is actually compatible with my Kindle.
I was hoping someone on these forums could
1) Advise me if it is indeed compatible and,
2) If not are there any other compatible collection managers I could use instead.
Many thanks

Gary
garyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2014, 02:31 PM   #966
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@garyn: Nope, eInk devices only.

As for the second question, (although I'm strongly guessing: nope) I can't say, try asking in the proper subforum (the one dedicated to the Frankendroid Kindle devices, the Fires) .
Old 06-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #967
leefa
leefa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle/Android
is collections manager available for 5.4.4.2? I'm getting "Your kindle is running firmware 5.4.4.2, which is not supported by this version of Collections Manager"

Last edited by leefa; 06-28-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: mistype
leefa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 02:35 PM   #968
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by leefa View Post
is collections manager available for 5.4.4.2? I'm getting "Your kindle is running firmware 5.4.4.2, which is not supported by this version of Collections Manager"
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=901
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #969
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Considering how often that question is asked, perhaps the OP should be updated with an explicit warning that >5.4.2.1 is NOT supported i.e. the OP is up to date when claiming PW 5.4.0-5.4.2.1
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:00 PM   #970
ACardAttack
ACardAttack began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 2
Quick question.

I'm on 5.4.2.1 and I am fine with no nested collections, my question is, will CM hide books that are in a collection from the "recent" book sort?
ACardAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:41 PM   #971
PW_Owner
PW_Owner began at the beginning.

Firmware downgrade necessary/possible?

Hi,

I own a Kindle Paperwhite 2 and I found your amazing forum just about yesterday.
I tried jailbreaking my Kindle, but unfortunately the WiFi was on and the kindle upgraded the firmware to 5.4.3.2 . After that I have been able to jailbreak my PW and also install the MKK.
But as stated within the first post of this thread the collection manager won't work with that firmware.

Is there a way to get the collection manager working? Either by downgrading the firmware or is somebody out there working on the collection manager "software" for 5.4.3.2.

I am a total newbie on linux, so please be patient with me. I have some experience with windows and also with upgrading the firmware on my android phone.

Best Regards
Paperwhite_Owner (a.k.a. Andreas)
PW_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:16 PM   #972
mhnotnot
mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.mhnotnot can teach chickens to fly.

Device: kindle 4, paperwhite 2
5.4.3.2 support

Ixtab, All,

please find attached source patch for 5.4.3.2 support and CollectionsManager_2.7.0.zip. I did test that import from calibre work for 5.4.2 and 5.4.3.2. Did NOT test ANYthing else. Would have pushed to ixtab repo but either I do not have permissions or could not figure out how to do it properly (have never used git before).

P.S. I could NOT find jars for 5.3.2 so this version (2.7.0) won't work for 5.3.2. If someone points me to bin, img or jars themselves for 5.3.2 I will recompile.
P.P.S. Ixtab, my respect for coding this!

----

I removed the binary package to avoid confusion -- NiLuJe
Attached Files
File Type: zip patch262to270.zip (7.4 KB, 288 views)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-30-2014 at 07:34 PM.
mhnotnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #973
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@mhnotnot: If 5.3.2 was shipped from Amazon's Software Update Page at one point (which I think it was), just tweak the URL, it should still be on their servers.

I can't remember if I have commit rights to CM, but I think I at least have a full build environment ready for it, so I can rebuild it & update the first post.

I just got back, so this will probably have to wait until tomorrow, though .

Also, obviously: Thanks! (And welcome to MR ).

EDIT: Yup, 5.3.2 was an OTA, not a full update :/.

EDIT²: Nope, don't have write access to the repo.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-29-2014 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:56 AM   #974
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW_Owner View Post
Hi,

I own a Kindle Paperwhite 2 and I found your amazing forum just about yesterday.
I tried jailbreaking my Kindle, but unfortunately the WiFi was on and the kindle upgraded the firmware to 5.4.3.2 . After that I have been able to jailbreak my PW and also install the MKK.
But as stated within the first post of this thread the collection manager won't work with that firmware.

Is there a way to get the collection manager working? Either by downgrading the firmware or is somebody out there working on the collection manager "software" for 5.4.3.2.

I am a total newbie on linux, so please be patient with me. I have some experience with windows and also with upgrading the firmware on my android phone.

Best Regards
Paperwhite_Owner (a.k.a. Andreas)
See this thread for downgrading: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...61#post2850261

Or wait till NiLuJe can test the patch (thanks mhnotnot!) and update CM.

EDIT: Or try out the updated version uploaded with the patch.

Last edited by eschwartz; 06-30-2014 at 07:15 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:23 AM   #975
PW_Owner
PW_Owner began at the beginning.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
See this thread for downgrading: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...61#post2850261

Or wait till NiLuJe can test the patch (thanks mhnotnot!) and update CM.
Hi eschwartz,

thanks for the link, but I couldn't wait for NiLuJe to test the patch.

I installed it and it looks like it is running. But I can't do a functionality test until I have access to my computer with calibre running....

Andreas
PW_Owner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks