Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-10-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Some fun things for your eDGe

First, in case you missed it, Nate the Great is keeping people up to date on free apps from Amazon with his "Appazonia": https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=141008.

Second, AndAppStore is becoming Soc.io Mall: http://mall.soc.io/apps, which might turn out to be a good thing, with ebooks and music as well as apps.

I'm still looking for a great game that plays well on the eDGe, besides puzzles and cards -- at which it excells!

Please add fun/interesting things you have found that others may not know about. Thanks!!

Have fun!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur
pyxiwulf began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Yumsters that I got from amazon plays well and is fun. My daughter loves aporkalypse, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.
pyxiwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #3
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Device: entourage pe
the bad part with amazon is that if you set up an account, even though some apps are free, you still have to give them a credit card number on file. i tried deleting it afterwards and they wouldnt let me download...
arcticmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #4
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

Huh, I was able to enable one-click through the app but it never prompted me for a card # and the app store works fine. Even used one-click to buy that lady gaga album that was $0.99 and crashed their servers worked. They came back the next day saying my payment methodi was invalid and to repurchase but I'd already downloaded it and since it was back to regular price, I couldn't make good.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:58 AM   #5
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

If you like tower defense games, then grave defense and grave defense silver work great. In addition, some old time RPGs have been showing up like "star traders" and another similar pirate themed RPG. Also there are some board games that work well too, but I assume that's not exactly what you were looking for. Side note: while looking for the pirate game I came across an 80s style RPG that I want to smash through but have not tried yet, I'll be back and note if it installs. [update] It installs and the name of the game is: Gurk, the 8-bit RPG and also there's Gurk II.

Last edited by mokel22; 07-10-2011 at 11:25 AM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #6
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool! Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

I already had an account with Amazon so adding the Appstore was no big deal for me. I missed getting FlexT9 for free, so now I am watching every day. I like that Nate usually adds a comment of his own to Appazonia.

My favorite games so far are Shisen Pro, Enjoy Sudoku, Yukon Gold Solitaire, and Math Workout. I'm looking for something with a bit more action. Would love to see Age of Empires for Android, or Diablo.
Old 07-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #7
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur
arcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipsearcticmaniac can illuminate an eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Cool! Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

I already had an account with Amazon so adding the Appstore was no big deal for me. I missed getting FlexT9 for free, so now I am watching every day. I like that Nate usually adds a comment of his own to Appazonia.

My favorite games so far are Shisen Pro, Enjoy Sudoku, Yukon Gold Solitaire, and Math Workout. I'm looking for something with a bit more action. Would love to see Age of Empires for Android, or Diablo.
unfortunately, alot of the 'action' games i've tried like porkapocalypse and angry bird does not work very well, not smooth, very choppy and delayed. not sure why or if its the process, though i had a sony xperia x8 that was like 528mhz or something and ran angry bird fine. oh well.
Old 07-11-2011, 06:03 AM   #8
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticmaniac View Post
the bad part with amazon is that if you set up an account, even though some apps are free, you still have to give them a credit card number on file. i tried deleting it afterwards and they wouldnt let me download...
That and it currently only works for accounts it deems to be in the U.S. But you guys have fun...
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 PM   #9
Filark

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah11918 View Post
That and it currently only works for accounts it deems to be in the U.S. But you guys have fun...
I hate that Amazon only works in U.S. But I did read they are changing that -- I hope!

I tried Aporkalypse last night and it ran fine (free version), and was fun! Grave defense also ran smoothly and will keep me entertained, though my first try was pretty dismal!

Tried to get Gurk but no luck yet.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:54 PM   #10
mokel22
Zealot

Quote:
I hate that Amazon only works in U.S. But I did read they are changing that -- I hope!

I tried Aporkalypse last night and it ran fine (free version), and was fun! Grave defense also ran smoothly and will keep me entertained, though my first try was pretty dismal!

Yeah, you kinda need to figure out the zombie paths before you get used each level of grave defense. Also here's a link to Gurk: http://www.mediafire.com/?wzo0xtmw16p9vm3 Have fun, I haven't been able to start it yet as online classes are consuming my life for the time being.

Last edited by mokel22; 07-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #11
arcticmaniac
Connoisseur

Quote:

is yours rooted? i have 2.2 loaded and z4root but the game ran very slow so did angry birds. am i doing something wrong? hmmm
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 PM   #12
mokel22
Zealot

Quote:
is yours rooted? i have 2.2 loaded and z4root but the game ran very slow so did angry birds. am i doing something wrong? hmmm
If your referring to aporkalypse, it ran slow on my PE also. It was playable, but not full speed. Perhaps filark was using his EE and it runs it better, IDK. Also, if your reffering to grave defense, then something is really slowing your unit down.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #13
Filark

Quote:
I tried Aporkalypse on my not-rooted PE. I had never seen the game before, so it's possible it ran slow and I just didn't know it! I tried Angry Birds Rio once, too -- it ran okay but I didn't see what the fuss was about.

Thanks for the link, Mokel! FYI I'm female.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #14
mokel22
Zealot

Quote:
I tried Aporkalypse on my not-rooted PE. I had never seen the game before, so it's possible it ran slow and I just didn't know it! I tried Angry Birds Rio once, too -- it ran okay but I didn't see what the fuss was about.

Thanks for the link, Mokel! FYI I'm female.
Now that I think of it, I've yet to run Rio yet, but I'll see if I can't running tonight. Also, thanks for the clarification, I try to make my member references sexually ambiguous unless I know for sure, but obviously I made a slip. Thanks for the understanding.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:53 AM   #15
pyxiwulf
Connoisseur

Aporkalypse seems to do fine on my unrooted PE.

The big deal on angry birds? ;P I love it on my iPhone with the capacitive screen but I tried it on my pc with the pc version and the chrome version and it's nowhere near as awesome. Didn't even bother on the PE because without capacitive I don't think it's very fun.