Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-17-2010, 08:49 AM   #1
Nonstickron
Nonstickron began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
Help - epub files too large for Stanza?

How does one go about getting a 55meg epub into stanza? I thought Calibre would have some way to section a file up into smaller files...but I can't find it.
Nonstickron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:56 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstickron View Post
How does one go about getting a 55meg epub into stanza? I thought Calibre would have some way to section a file up into smaller files...but I can't find it.
That would be an EPUB editing function - splitting a single ebook into multiple ebooks, and you are right - Calibre doesn't do that for you. Does Stanza have a size limit? AFAIK, Calibre doesn't.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 10:47 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonstickron View Post
If you physically have enough memory on the device then the Usual "file too big error" for epub files is based on the size of the html files inside the epub itself. ADE renders in many devices need the files to be in 300k chunks or less.

Try adding (keep a copy separate) it to Calibre then do an ePub to ePub conversion. This should ensure all the internal files are small enough.

Now if this is a matter of your device doesn't have the space you can open it with Sigil and manually split the file into smaller multiple ePubs.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote